Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cameras utilize siren separately from Base Station

It would be great if Arlo Q could somehow trigger the siren in the New Pro Base. It seems it would be more effective and there would be far less false alarm soundings. I have 4 outside cameras, I'm guessing the siren will be going off more than I want with false alerts. Whereas indoors when the home is empty, there should'nt be any false alarms. I'm way more concerned about someone getting into the home than a delivery to my front door.

Comments
gildrush
Apprentice

Would be great if the Arlo Q camera could trigger the siren in Pro base.

gildrush
Apprentice

It would be huge if the Arlo Q could trigger the siren in the Pro base!! I dont need the alarm going off when a dog or leaf crosses my lawn. I do need an alarm when someone enters my home and is seen by the Q. If they can't be integrated, then maybe a IFTTT applet could be created or something some thing similar.

JamesC
Community Manager

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the communities contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on it's potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

Thank you,

JamesC

xwizkidx
Initiate

Would it be possible to Have the siren come out of the cameras as well as the base? I know they are not extremely loud but if you have a few outside they can replicate the sound so neighbors can hear it and perhaps have the camera's led's blink as well. Make this an option to turn on or off on each device.

Just a thought.

Also beable to speak through all cameras at once would be good. Or have a pre recorded alert come from all the cameras and base?

JamesC
Community Manager

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

Jen9021
Novice
I am SO disappointed that I cannot trigger the siren of my Arlo pro base with my Arlo Q camera. I assumed this would be possible when purchasing both because it just made sense to be able to buy the higher quality camera that detects audio for inside, and the weather proof cameras for outside. But the Arlo Q is the only one I need to trigger the siren because obviously the outside ones don't need to. Is this update coming any time soon?? If not I must return it. Thanks.
tomncincy
Apprentice

I second that motion. Being able to have the Arlo Q cameras trigger the siren would be a very useful option.

RPXZ
Novice

Alro pro base station has an alarm. As much as i love my arlo setup the alarm is weak. It didn't even phase my cats 😕

knave101
Novice

I am reading this....and wondering exactly the same. I want my money back on the Arlo Q.  The Arlo Wireless Pro units are perfect for locations that are remote and outdoors. I opted for the Arlo Q to be the unit inside my house and the one that sets off the alarm. Because it has higher resolution and can be near a power supply. Now I'm finding out that I can't use the Arlo Q to trigger the alarm. what?????!!! People drive by my house, beep horns, cats walk by, etc.  I don't need an alarm to go off under these circumstances....only when someone enters my house. Now, I'm finding out I can't do this with the Arlo Q. I'm very disappointed. However, the fix should not be that difficult.

Please make the Arlo Q able to set off the alarm.

Thank you.

knave101
Novice

Follow up. Before purchase I reviewed as much as possible online. Netgear should make it clear that the Arlo Q cannot be used to trigger the alarm.  Or the base unit could be changed in the future to accept a plug in from the Q.  This would help those who, like me, thought the Arlo Q would be a nice way to improve video quality for indoor applications; and would be interchangeable with the Pro unit....which it isn't.