Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cameras utilize siren separately from Base Station

It would be great if Arlo Q could somehow trigger the siren in the New Pro Base. It seems it would be more effective and there would be far less false alarm soundings. I have 4 outside cameras, I'm guessing the siren will be going off more than I want with false alerts. Whereas indoors when the home is empty, there should'nt be any false alarms. I'm way more concerned about someone getting into the home than a delivery to my front door.

Comments
Retired_Member
Not applicable
JWowza, if you got the D-Link Wi-Fi Alarm, it also has a mobile app. So, if you see your dogs eating on your socks while you are at work :), you can easily make the alarm sound with the D-Link App., without the need for the IFTTT rule.
JamesC
Community Manager
Status changed to: Implemented In Latest Product

We are excited to announce that this Idea has been implemented with the introduction of the Arlo Pro. For more information on the Arlo Pro, see here: Arlo Pro The world’s first and only 100% wire-free, weatherproof, rechargeable HD smart security cam...

ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired
Status changed to: New Ideas

James, the minor problem is that the siren is inside of the house with the base station is it not? I thought the idea of arlo was to prevent a break in not upset the Burglar with a loud noise inaudible outside once they get in? Bit confused by the thinking behind it to be perfectly honest!
JamesC
Community Manager
Status changed to: Implemented in latest product

We are excited to announce that this Idea has been implemented with the introduction of the Arlo Pro. For more information on the Arlo Pro, see here: Arlo Pro The world’s first and only 100% wire-free, weatherproof, rechargeable HD smart security cam...

cdry82
Initiate

I would like to be able to add the siren feature of the new Arlo Pro Basestation with my exsisting Arlo Q cameras I have.  This takes the cameras into the true security world.

For instance, I have two arlo Q cameras currently at my house.  Front and back doors.  Im at work and get a motion detection, and somebody is trying to break into my house.

Square 1... Call the police. 10-15 min away.

Square 2.... Turn on the siren that is available with the Arlo Q cameras.... but its currenly not, and thus my request.

Square 2.5... yes you can do 2 way audio with the Q's but I think this only brings attention to where the cameras are at... which would probably then get stolen as well($200 a piece)

For my application and the non need for wireless cameras I prefer the Qrlo Q's.  I also prefer the price and additional features of the Arlo Q cameras vs the pro(Costco 2 for $299).  I would like to buy an additional Arlo Q camera but also want to have the basestation and thus siren feature in the package.

So my requests would be to have the basestation with siren available for purchase either Alone by its-self, or with an Arlo Q cameras.

thanks,

C

JamesC
Community Manager

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the communities contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on it's potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

guard999
Tutor
Although this siren feature was implimented it still could use some compatibility with a real DIY security system with sensors. For example, a security system like Abode fully integrates with the NEST cams. It goes way beyond having to use expensive cams for every point of entrance and gives the ability to temporarily or permanently utilize call center monitoring. Instead, you purchase cams where traffic is most likely and utilize much less expensive sensors for other areas of entry. I feel Netgear Arlo gets us only 75% of the way there...
Dougcjohn
Guide

Like to see a seperate Siren from the Arlo base. When external to building, the siren on base located inward is not audible. I'd like to see an option for an ultra loud, battery powered weather proof siren that can be mounted inside or outside depending on local rules. But close enough to door / windows that audible from outside. Power the siren with the same battery the Arlo Pro camera uses to simplifly spare battery inventory. Not concerned by length of time battery would last with siren. If it only lasts a few alerts and requires recharge... not problem. Add the ability to run by electrical power if longer duration is needed. Include the software features too; alert notification, battery condition, duration, etc. 

Previous post has similar request and received a reply to consider IFTTT D-Link's Siren. That isn't substantial enough in both audio decibles and battery power option.

JamesC
Community Manager

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the communities contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on it's potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

Thank you,

JamesC