Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Built-in rechargeable batteries for the camera

What I don't understand is why the cameras don't come with a rechargeable battery built-in, so you have the option of running it off a wire (bypassing the battery), or can take it down once every few months to recharge it for a day.

That would make the useability of the product so much more interesting - you could rely on mains power w/ battery backup inside the house, and instead of switching out the batteries continuously just plug them in for a day to recharge them for outside use (or, just switch the two once in a while!)

Comments
Maxey24
Onlooker
I've had Argo for 1.5 weeks
I'm not having report that one cam is already down to 15percent power
That's a shock I'm not going to be able to afford batteries
Are rechargeable so available in Australia?
Where from?
Cost?
Maxey24
Onlooker

Sorry my stupid apple changed Arlo to Argo!!

Lonnie
Tutor
Running off mains with a battery for backup defeats the "completely wireless" advantage. If you are going to take them down to switch out the camera, just replace the batteries with rechargeable ones and then you don't need an "extra" camera.
Raflejeune
Follower

At least you'd have the option. Just think it's weird that this day and age something is still made that doesn't come with rechargeability as standard.

JamesC
Community Manager
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Victor_1
Follower
I feel the same way. My batteries at most last 2 months. They should make rechargeable batteries and possibly a solar panel to charge the batteries during the day. The main reason people buy the cameras is because they are truly wireless.
Maxey24
Onlooker

i now cant afford to use my Arlo system at all

I have 4 cameras and the cost of buying batteries became so expensive Ive had to stop using it

The Govt bought Arlo for me after I suffered an aggravated burglary experience to assist in my personal security and now I am back to sqaure 1 with no security at all

I am disgusted with Arlo 's poor performance

JamesC
Community Manager

Victor_1, Maxey24

Arlo Wire-Free batteries are expected to last 4-6 months under normal usage. Depending on your specific usage, you may see different results. For more information on battery life take a look at this article: What is the battery life for NETGEAR Arlo wireless cameras and how can I extend their life?

JamesC

luxx989
Fledgling

It would be nice if the the batteries were rechargable.  I also like the solar option.

Maxey24
Onlooker

yeah

i was unfortunately a victim of aggravated burglarly i was awarded small  compensation by the magistrate and bought arlo for security

ive had to cease using it as i cant afford the battery costs

so my four cameras siy idle unused day after day

not at all happy and netgear can offer nothing but excuses that my camera settings are incorrect and thus my battereis flatten quickly

what a nonsense

so im not better off i feel very insecure as a result of the burglary

damn you netgear i should have bought a swann system

thanks for wasting my money and for not assisting with security following my burglary