Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Built-in rechargeable batteries for the camera

What I don't understand is why the cameras don't come with a rechargeable battery built-in, so you have the option of running it off a wire (bypassing the battery), or can take it down once every few months to recharge it for a day.

That would make the useability of the product so much more interesting - you could rely on mains power w/ battery backup inside the house, and instead of switching out the batteries continuously just plug them in for a day to recharge them for outside use (or, just switch the two once in a while!)

Comments
terichow
Novice

I have four cameras and it is very pricey when I need to buy 4-8-12-16 batteries at a time.  I would prefer a rechargeable battery.

Maxey24
Onlooker

Would be nice if Netgear actually recognised the expense of batteries and provide rechargeable batteries and charger at a decent price  to the people who have been sucked in to buyingArlo like me only finding its too costly to use!!!!!!

JamesC
Community Manager
Status changed to: Implemented In Latest Product

We are excited to announce that this Idea has been implemented with the introduction of the Arlo Pro. For more information on the Arlo Pro, see here: Arlo Pro The world’s first and only 100% wire-free, weatherproof, rechargeable HD smart security cam...

Maxey24
Onlooker

Well done to net gear finally listening to suggestions and complaints and now providing rechargeable arlo But how does that help the thousands of us who bought the non rechargeable arlo?

due to the expense of batteries I've not been able to use my 4 cameras for more than 6 months

does netgear now expect me to pay out even more $$ to upgrade to new rechargeable arlo?

not a chance. It appears I am stuck with $1200 of dud arlo product. I am very dissatisfied with this situation

ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired
Status changed to: New Ideas

JamesC
Community Manager
Status changed to: Implemented in latest product

We are excited to announce that this Idea has been implemented with the introduction of the Arlo Pro. For more information on the Arlo Pro, see here: Arlo Pro The world’s first and only 100% wire-free, weatherproof, rechargeable HD smart security cam...