Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Backup / Restore Configuration

Well the first feature request would be to add the VMB4000 to the list of models in the Model dropdown

Next would be to allow for a backup of the system configuration and restoring it.

Here's my beef. The system issue that happened today. Tons of people went through resetting their base stations and removing their base stations from their account in the hopes they would have been able to re-add it to resolve the issue. It turned out it was a netgear (arlo) system server issue and now many folks need to (in my case) break out the ladder and take down their cams to resync and then to rebuild modes and rules etc. This is hugely painful.

Comments
scogadots
Aspirant

I would like to know if there will be a way to backup rules, camera names and preferences in future releases?

TomMac
Guru

scogadots wrote:
I would like to know if there will be a way to backup rules, camera names and preferences in future releases?

Nothing heard here... but put in a request or give KUDOs if already requested...

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Idea-Exchange/idb-p/arlo-idea-exchange

Is this problem fixed yet 

JamesC
Community Manager

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

I'd love to have  a way to back up configuration, especially device config and modes. 

AlbertoM
Initiate

Hello,

If the Base is replace there is no way to do a restore from the old base.

Can this idea be implemented Backup and restore using the USB Memory stick?

Also It will be nice if the settigs can be export / import to xml in case of replacing a camera?

What about replacing a camera? it is not very friendly replacing a camera.

The rules get deleted as the camera is deleted and all the rules have to be put it manually again.

Regards,

Alberto

PS. I created an Excel file to know all my rules and settings for each camera and mode.

I am using multiples modes during the the day and night to avoid triggers from the sun reflection

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

Zsaraman
Tutor

On most Routers and Hubs you can save your recent settings so after a major outage or issue you can simply reload a .bat file. As all the recent Hubs have USB or SD capability can you not include the abiltiy to Save and Restore current/last used settings - this would save an awful lot of time and effort rebuilding a multi camera/doorbell/chime system.

Also your drop down to select Model (above) needs updating to include the Ultra Base Station

VIG
Aspirant
Aspirant

Please set up a way to backup settings.  That way, if I change something, I can easily go back to the previous settings.

VIG
Aspirant
Aspirant

I suggest a way to backup settings, so that if I change something and don't like it, I can switch back with no hassle.