Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arm function for Amazon Alexa and WeMo switch to turn on when Arlo camera detects motion

I was in the midst of a chat with Arlo tech support and it was suggested I submit an idea.

It seems obvious that in the near future we will be able to arm and disarm the Arlo using Amazon Echo through the IFTTT program. Suddenly I feel it is best to only use the arm function. I sure wouldn't want some crook to disarm the Arlo using the Amazon echo.

Plus I would like Arlo to turn on my WeMo switch connected to the lights when motion is detected. I want a very clear video of the crook

IFTTT makes it seem we can do that right now. Apparently, we cannot...yet

Sure wish you guys would speed up the process as I'm tired of waiting

Thanks

Comments
gbierman
Guide

It would be great to have Arlo interface with Amazon Echo so we can get alerts when we are not carry our phone

Bchriste
Novice
Or even to tell arlo motion on or off would be very convienent as well. With that in mind a quick way to turn motion on or off on the iOS app would be sooooo convienent!!!
RStudyvin
Novice

I agree!  Having Arlo intergrated with the Amazon Echo wouuld be a handy.  I would like to tell Echo on my way out the door to arm Arlo and turn my cameras on.

aspeckman
Novice

I agree,  I love my arlo 4 cam system.  I would love to see Alexa marry Arlo!

telekaster
Guide

This makes too much sense. It would be great to be able to tell the Echo to disarm Arlo instead of digging around the app's menus. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Status changed to: New Ideas

BigShow136
Follower

When i. Leave my house alexa takes care of all. Except arlo 😔

The main thing that makes this matter very frustrating is it seems everything is going to work just fine and then...

IT DOESN'T WORK!!!!

I'VE ENTERED PIN AFTER PIN AFTER PIN NUMBER generated by the WeMo App to no avail.

Is this your idea of funny? To put your customers through a monkey-go-round?

WELL, I DON'T CONSIDER IT FUNNY!!!

IF I GET AN EMAIL STATING THAT IFTTT WILL NOW WORK WITH THE ARLO

((( I EXPECT IT TO WORK!!!! )))

https://ifttt.com/arlo?utm_source=june_newsletter

JamesC
Community Manager

Elijah_Ariel,

You can browse the Arlo Channel for existing recipes for IFTTT. If the specific recipe you are wanting is not available, you can create your own recipes through the IFTTT website. For more information take a look here: What is IFTTT and how do I use it with my Arlo camera?

If you're having an issue with pin generation on the WeMo app, this sounds like an issue with WeMo as this would not be Arlo related.

JamesC

I created this topic because ONCE AGAIN I was told in chat that the Arlo does not work with such devices. Now you are apparently saying it does. 

WILL YOU PEOPLE GET YOUR STORIES STRAIGHT????