Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo cameras that use a power adapter instead of batteries

I love the fact that Arlo cameras are 100% wire-free but I would also like to see a powered camera offered so I don't have to worry about buying batteries for cameras that are in locations where there is an accessible wall outlet.

Comments
XxRKDOxX
Onlooker

@raul_cortee_us

Thanks ! And what material do you reccomend for this?

origami
Onlooker

@raul_cortee_us

Great stuff, Raul. Inconveniently, I don't have any resources to manufacture a new door. Any idea where I might get that done?

raul_cortee_us
Onlooker

I coiuld make a few printed doors available at Etsy if anyone is interested. But you will have to get the USB Cable. I may modify the door to allow using a cable with larger overmold o the MicroUSB end. Let me know.

origami
Onlooker

@raul_cortee_us

Wow! That would be very kind of you! I know the cubed root of nothing squared about Etsy, but I assume it's a way that allows me to buy these from you - and yes, a modification for a larger-overmold USB would be very useful, too. I bought a 5-camera pack from Arlo, and I'd like to modify 3 of them for use in well-sheltered positions with power already available. Since I already have several UPS devices, this mod of yours would greatly enhance my home security system. So, if you could make 3 doors available for me, then - whenever you're ready - just let me know. And btw THANKS!!!!!

raul_cortee_us
Onlooker

My Battery Cover is now listed at Etsy

Please provide dims of microUSB overmold to build the parts accordingly.

raul_cortee_us
Onlooker

I prined my parts on PLA but can be made on ABS. 

swedish78
Aspirant

Good job Raul, i am also interested and i wounder if you can ship to sweden?

It looks really amazing, can you post more pictures how it looks inside?

origami
Onlooker

Raul, PLA would work fine for me, as the cameras would be installed in sheltered locations where high temperatures and biodegradability wouldn't raise problems. But if you find it more convenient to use ABS, that would be equally fine with me. With regard to the overmold dimensions, I realized - after some further thought - that it would be best to stick with the existing Amazon-cable structure, since I have a variety of microUSB cables of various dimensions; if none of these works, then I'd just have to purchase some.

On Etsy, I'm puzzled. For some opaque reason, purchase and shipping prices are being quoted to me in Canadian dollars, while my shipping destination is a US zip-code and you are apparently in CA. Do I have that wrong - are you +really+ in Canada?

origami
Onlooker

@raul_cortee_us

Oops - something went wrong with my last comment, several times in fact. What I had meant to say, regarding the overmold matter, is that I'd solve any problem from my end by acquiring cables if need be.