Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Siren Integration with HomeKit

Hello Arlo Support team,

Kindly advise how I may integrate my Arlo Siren into Apple HomeKit – I am using VMB4000r3 with 4 Arlo Pro 3 cams and I can access them from within HomeKit but not the Siren. My objective is to automate the start of the Siren sound based on customized security events from within HomeKit.

I appreciate your earliest response.

Thank you,

Yasser

Comments
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

Nozzle
Fledgling

up vote exposing this functionality if it can be.  I'm trying to help my Dad stay in his home, but he gets confused due to a medical issue and sometimes thinks it would be a good idea to leave to go "home" and wanders out the door while my Mom is busy with something else.  It would be great if you could expose the mic/speaker/siren so that I could build an automation in the Arlo app or via Homekit to play a message based on motion and/or other sensors (door switch).

yaledc
Novice

Additional vote here.  Would like to trigger siren(s) and would like to trigger spotlight(s).

yaledc
Novice

Agree. Would like this functionality. 

Wfolmer2
Fledgling

Hey Arlo! Want to sell a bunch of Chimes?!? Give us HomeKit functionality! There is currently NO SIREN DEVICE AVAILABLE for anyone using HomeKit for home security purposes. You can easily corner the market and give us loyal owner/early adopters what we need. We believe in you! Believe in us! 

Wfolmer2
Fledgling

Up