Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.
0 Likes

Arlo Pro 2 Where is the manual?

First off I tried 2 times to enter the Model information and it blanks it out (typical annoying little errors). My Model from the box is VMS4230P an Arlo Pro 2 Wire-Free Camera.

Now please drop all other issues and get this one corrected asap for Arlo's benefit and mostly for Arlo's customers:

MAKE IT A MAJOR PRIORITY TO GET ALL CURRENT PRODUCT MANUALS EASILY AVAILABLE IN MULTIPLE PLACES ON YOUR WEBSITE!!!!!    LET YOUR CUSTOMERS TRIP OVER THEM IF YOU HAVE TO.

Do you all wonder why Arlo has to answer so many customer questions???? It is because you do not supply a paper manual with the product and you do not give a web address on the product box for an applicable manual. And it is very difficult to find the latest applicable new product manuals on your website!

I almost returned the product until after hours of digging I got a link to my manual in a discussion group. Pitiful!

Finding the manual gave me the information I needed and am using to this day.

Forgive my frustration. Thank you.

Comments
JamesC
Community Manager

FoxiP2,

I apologize for the frustrating experience. Were you able to find the manual located here?

Arlo Pro 2 Wire-Free HD Security Camera System User Manual

JamesC

kaosmax4u
Onlooker
Hello ARLO JamesC, That manual won't download ... just sits in queue like ... "Unknown Time Left -- 0 bytes (o bytes/sec)" Other files from ARLO download just fine. Any ideas :-? Max
kaosmax4u
Onlooker
Note: That download for the ARLO Pro 2 user manual has been fixed effective 2018-10-08 ^_^
bigroccrek
Novice

They still do not include the manual in teh box.  And you still cannot find it on ther website.  Really rediculous!!!!  I was on the phone with Customer support for 2 hours and 15 minutes today just trying to get the system synced!!!  

They said they wouldl email me the manual for teh VMB4500 base station Arlo Pro 2 system 5 hours ago and of course thy did not!!!!!  

Does anyone have a link to teh new manual for the VMB4500 base station (single LED) system????

bigroccrek
Novice

They still do not include the manual in teh box.  And you still cannot find it on ther website.  Really rediculous!!!!  I was on the phone with Customer support for 2 hours and 15 minutes today just trying to get the system synced!!!  

They said they wouldl email me the manual for teh VMB4500 base station Arlo Pro 2 system 5 hours ago and of course thy did not!!!!!  

Does anyone have a link to teh new manual for the VMB4500 base station (single LED) system????

StephenB
Guru
@bigroccrek  wrote:

I couldn't find it at https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/docs.aspx either, but I did find the quick start guide somewhere else ( https://images-eu.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/A1fOqw6oQFS.pdf )

DukeLeJeune
Aspirant

I can understand not providing paper manuals and I actually think it's the right thing to do. 

I also think that making it this difficult to find an online manual is ridiculous. I read an article in community support a few minutes ago that had 9400 views and 0 likes. That tells me that this approach is not productive for anyone. 

We are getting rid of the Arlo system and looking elsewhere

To add to this eminently sensible idea, I will add my own.

Fire the people who designed the support web pages and hire someone who knows what customers need.

These fancy websites don't even look good. They simply bury important information in places that are hard to find.

Go on, try this out:

Arlo - Security Cameras and Systems

Is it obvious to you where find what you want?

I thought not.

I know this place and still get lost all the time.

Is it really that hard to embed a "get the manual" link on the browser graphical user interface?

kaosmax4u
Onlooker

Ppl ^^,

Well michaelkenward , yep that's where to find what manuals they do have but a manual for that matrix would also be in order haha.

So, first click product in the left column and then click category in the top row (User Manual, Data Sheet(s), etc.) and IF there's an relevant document, links will be provided for various languages, hopefully yours.

Persistence,

Max