Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Doorbell - Ability To Disable The Call Feature If Using A Chime

It would be useful to be able to disable the doorbell calling if using an existing chime or the Arlo Chime and/or have the ability to decide if you want the calling to be used in different modes, like how you can customize notifications and actions for the cameras based on mode. If I’m home I don’t necessarily need my doorbell to call me each time as I can hear my chime in the house.

Comments
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

JosmonGeorge
Novice

Yes, it would also be helpful if we can have schedule or proximity based option for the call setting.  When I am home, I would like only the chime o ring and not the phone.  When I am not home I would like the phone to ring, at the same time there might be some period of time when I can disable the calling ( like while in meeting/ church or something)

LordRegis
Initiate

Normally a toggle button would say "silent mode" to which the toggle is either 'on' or 'off'. But in this case (see pic below) it makes no sense. 

Toggle ON :  I get a chime, but I don't get a phonecall.

Toggle OFF: I get a chime, and I get a phonecall.

Screenshot 2019-04-12 at 15.22.11.png   Screenshot 2019-04-12 at 15.19.47.png

So is the toggle for silent mode? in which case why do I get both a call and a chime if it's 'on'. 

In both cases I get a chime?

I don't know what the difficulty is.. we need a bell that just makes the chime sounds. No calling, no 'leave a message'.

The delay is also annoying. I think there should be 'immediate' feedback in the bell using its own mic or a build in mechanical bell to the chime. The user needs immediate feedback or they press it multiple times and leave a message by mistake.

DCProud
Novice

I am also confused. It seems that when silent mode is activated (switched on) AND the chimes and incoming calls are  activated, then silent mode is actually not activated. Toggling silent mode "off" actually toggles silent mode on. I would suggest in the next software update this be set up so that toggling silent mode off would allow people to toggle the chimes and calls, and the "calls and chimes are turned off" message would disappear; these options would disappear if silent mode is toggled "on" and the "calls and chimes are turned off" message would appear.