Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Dash Cam for Vehicles/Bicycle

With Arlo cameras we all know how brilliant they are at watching over our Homes,

In todays world there is now so many break ins on our beloved cars so would it not be a brilliant idea if Arlo was to design and make a smaller Wifi camera we can have placed inside our cars so when there parked at night these new smaller cameras can get closer better images of any attempted break ins sending the footage straight to our emails as well as for these footage shoots maybe alerting us in our homes with a Siren sound to come through the app or directly through the hub box ,so we can react really fast calling the police and maybe increase some arrest of the high amount of car break in we all face .To also maybe have a fob for these new cameras so we can arm them and disarm when using our cars .The reason i feel these would be a massive hit is all outdoor camaras have to be set high up to stop any thieves getting to them thus making some of the footage harder to see so having a camera inside the car which would activate once someone was within 5 or 6 foot would be a brilliant better solution which many of us would be happy i am sure to invest in .So Arlo please have a think about my idea and maybe look at producing these new smart additions into the range to help us customers be even more protected thanks ..

Comments
JamesC
Community Manager

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the communities contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on it's potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

Thank you,

JamesC

Prukatt
Follower

I had an idea to incorporate the Arlo wireless free cameras with motor vehicles and bicycles. This will of course require a dash mount for the vehicle and a separate mounting bracket for bicycles.

The Arlo Dash would have a small compartment that opens in the back which would allow you to insert a thumb nail sized USB drive for video storage. The Arlo Dash would provide you with a 1GB USB drive to get you started for continuous recording while driving/biking (until storage full) and the ability to purchase larger Arlo USB storage drives. You could still record video to the cloud via cellular. The Arlo Dash would include a magnetic top mount with a double sided industrial velcro adhesive on the bottom to mount to any dashboard. A car lighter charging cable would be included as well in case of low battery. The Arlo Dash is perfect for anyone who wants to keep an eye on their vehicle while they're at work or play.

The Arlo Dash bicycle mount would also provide a magnetic top mount but with adjustable leg brackets that you could manipulate and twist to fit perfectly to any type of bicycle.

The best part about the Arlo Dash is the new emergency alert feature. If your car breaks down or if you're lost, Arlo can help you. From one touch of a button either on your Arlo App or NEW Arlo emergency alert button located in the back compartment of Arlo, Arlo will send out a gps location signal alerting everyone that you have added to your new Arlo emergency contact group. By via text and/or email, your friends and loved ones will receive a link which will provide them a map with your gps signal coordinate and live video so they will be able to help you and alert police if needed. During an emergency alert, Arlo will record video and audio to the Cloud and will allow 2 way speak and video from your friends and family in emergency situations.

Capture every moment at any moment from home to street.

JamesC
Community Manager

Prukatt,

You might take a look at the Arlo Go as it may suit the needs you describe here: Arlo Go

JamesC

Masrespeto
Novice
I want glass suction cup cameras to put on my vehicle that I can the load or put on my iPhone to share on Facebook videos and pictures wireless preferably charging last at least 3-7 days
JamesC
Community Manager

Masrespeto,

Arlo cameras are cloud based and require an internet connection. That being said, you might take a look at Arlo Go as it is a completely wireless, LTE based option that may suit your needs: Arlo Go The world’s first and only 100% wire-free, weatherproof, 3G/4G-LTE mobile HD security camera 

JamesC

aussievc
Novice

I think Arlo needs to make a car dash cam with a super capacitor with OBD2 connector, G shock with instant recording saved and tagged, WiFi and monitoring while car parked . Something similar to the Owl Cam but better!  🙂

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

andrearenee04
Aspirant

thanks for posting this, couldn't agree more! 

Arlo please please please take advantage of this opportunity, would love to buy this product from you

jgassistu
Novice
I hope that your team is considering this idea. I am going to buy a dash camera and your current product line is really close to what I want. I think with a minor amount of adjustment your could really make some money. I want something that stores on an card and has wifi to download when I park in the garage. I want it to be rechargeable battery operated, so I don’t have to deal with the whole charging cord. I already have a bunch of your cameras and love the app. Please consider it. Thank you.
burnzy2191
Novice

Not sure if this is the right place to do this but Arlo needs to come out with a dash cam to record car break ins. You are more likely to catch someone with a closer shot.