Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Apple HomeKit

To integrate arlo into the Apple Home Kit would be a great improvement.

Now I have a great camera system with an app, a weather station with an app and some other sensors in the Apple home kit and they do not work together. 

E.g. an alarm could be triggered by the motion sensor of the camera or the camera could be switched on by a door or windows sensor even if the motion sensor is not activated because the object is too far away and so on. There are a lot of possibilities with connecting the systems. 

Is this planned to do?

Comments
AcesInThePocket
Fledgling

Good gracious, you have to get this done already. I want to use the motion detectors with my HomeKit. Let’s do this thing. 

Garinus
Aspirant

Ok, so I’ve been postponing my purchase of the Arlo Pro 2 kit for over 4 months now, waiting to know whether HomeKit will be supported or not.

Please Netgear, if you don’t plan on doing this, let us know so we can look at the competition.

It’s not like I would buy Arlo before I know HomeKit will for sure support HomeKit anyway, so there is no point in keeping the mystery. 

On the other hand, if you’re working on it, it would be nice to know, and it will be less likely that I end up buying another system when I’m tired of being kept in the dark.

es95pl
Observer

Looks like we, for the first time, see some hope when viewing the firmware release notes for the pro series cameras. No homekit mentioned for pro2 at this time. Also there was a base station update today, but the release notes for that were not that detailed.

fingers crossed.

”Fix for high pixilation of images Include backwards error correction to minimize ghosting

Add support for new wifi codes

Add support for Homekit

Add support for H15 hardware Bug Fixes”

kennysamuerto
Follower

OHHH YES!!!!!!!

Captura de pantalla 2018-05-14 a las 23.14.13.png

GrahamCracker
Fledgling

Fingers and toes crossed!

StretfordEnder
Apprentice

Weird how Netgear haven’t released details of how to add Arlo into HomeKit. 

When other companies have retro added HomeKit functionality, like Lifx for example, you had to use their dedicated app to generate a HomeKit 8 digit code and either manually add it in or if the app produced a QR code for you, scan that in. 

I dont see any ability to do either in the latest iOS app update. 

es95pl
Observer

We can hope they are prepairing all the compoents and that the cams were the first to be prepared. The app will probably need an update to support homekit on pro cams.

BENIGNUS22
Novice

Also planning to purchase the Arlo 5 camera security system and outdoor appreciate HomeKit integration.

LaraCroft835
Aspirant

Homekit

Lets get this done 

bripab007
Tutor

Interesting that a) it's showing up in Pro firmware before Pro 2 cams get it and b) that there's no fanfare or announcement. Perhaps it's just the beginning stages of deployment and there's really nothing to see just yet.