Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Apple HomeKit

To integrate arlo into the Apple Home Kit would be a great improvement.

Now I have a great camera system with an app, a weather station with an app and some other sensors in the Apple home kit and they do not work together. 

E.g. an alarm could be triggered by the motion sensor of the camera or the camera could be switched on by a door or windows sensor even if the motion sensor is not activated because the object is too far away and so on. There are a lot of possibilities with connecting the systems. 

Is this planned to do?

Comments
FinnMcCool
Onlooker

Request Arlo fully integrate the entire line with HomeKit. I was thrilled my Pro 3 system was integrated with HomeKit only to find it will live stream but not do too much else. At least let us arm and disarm through HomeKit.

madisonlee
Fledgling

I have finally given up on Arlo.  I had 5 wireless cameras that were using batteries.  Batteries cost and recorded clip does not give you a few seconds before the scene which can be useful at times because motion detection is not always spot on.  I have figured out how to go back to wire and have chosen Logitech Circle 2 wire. Bought 2x for $120 each (refurbished).  And have put them on Apple HomeKit Secure Video.  Secure Video gives you 30 days of recording and unlimited number of devices (unlike Arlo's 5).  It doesn't provide activity zone but it provides people, animal, car detection which is very useful.  Both are working fabulously.  I am glad I didn't invest more in Arlo as they started to become more expensive for some features that I can live without.  And as you have seen on this forum they don't listen to customers.