Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Apple HomeKit Secure Video

Apple announced a new service called Homekit Secure Video...they announced three companies that will start implementing it but unfortunately arlo was not amongst them...I hope arlo announces and enables this service in addition to the promised by not yet seen Homekit integration.
Comments
Jimkas
Onlooker

I'm looking for the same info!

I have four Arlo Pro cameras, which we like very much, and hope that they get these connected to HomeKit soon!

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

Lisamae
Novice

-

zephyrmoon
Tutor

@Edron wrote:
Apple announced a new service called Homekit Secure Video...they announced three companies that will start implementing it but unfortunately arlo was not amongst them...I hope arlo announces and enables this service in addition to the promised by not yet seen Homekit integration.

Will never happen with Arlo, break their business model.

Poweruser86
Fledgling

As a person who picked up a 4 pack of Arlo Ultra cameras after the HomeKit Secure Video announcement, I'm very, Very, VERY disappointed that support is not in the cards.  I do NOT want my video being sent offsite if I can help it.

Comon Arlo, just sell us a HomeKit Secure Video license for like $1/camera/mo and I'd be happy to pay it.  The costs have to be cheaper since you're not storing 4 cameras worth of HD video recordings for me.  

EDIT:  also very disappointed the comments were locked on the HomeKit support chat with the PM thread so I couldn't provide the feedback there.  I only came to this forum based on news reports of non-support breaking recently.  

D143cn
Fledgling

I hope that Arlo does read these threads and use them to make decisions on future product enhancements. I was very excited to see the news that Arlo now supports HomeKit, especially since it is the only wireless option currently available. I was so excited that I was going to go to Costco this evening and purchase the 4 camera bundle. Unfortunately, I read that Arlo is not planning support for HomeKit Video secure. This is a deal breaker. I will now go back to the original plan of Circle 2 cameras. Yes, I know that I need to wire them and yes I do need to now install plugs that currently do not exist in the locations I need cameras, but I refuse to have cameras that do not support HomeKit Video Secure. I do not want my video feed being sent up to someone's server not encrypted. Yes, 8 know that Arlo encrypts it too, but my confidence and trust lies with Applewhen it comes to security, not Arlo. I know Apple doesn't attempt to profit from my personal info. I do not know this about Arlo. I truly hope Arlo reconsiders their decision to not support this vital feature of HomeKit Video Secure. 

Jimkas
Onlooker

Greetings,

Not sure where you're getting your info from, but Arlo *DOES* support HomeKit as of a couple months ago.

I have four Arlo Pro cameras and they are all viewable on my iPhone, iPad, etc with HomeKit.  

Be sure you have the latest Arlo and Apple software installed, and it should all work!

D143cn
Fledgling

Jimkas, thank you for you response. Yes, I am aware that Arlo supports HomeKit now, which is great!  Unfortunately, they announced that they will not support the HomeKit Video Secure feature that allows Apple to do the encryption. This is the desired feature I was referring to. Thank you!

Jimkas
Onlooker

Ahhh... yep... I missed that part where you mentioned the secure video.

kjit24
Fledgling

This is must for those who are integrated in the apple ecosystem (which are most new Arlo users, as Arlo are one of few cameras that support homekit).

For me, this will be deciding factor of choosing between the yet to be unveiled Arlo video doorbell and the upcoming Netatmo video doorbell (which is reported to support Homekit secure video)

Currently own the 2 x Arlo pro 2  cameras