Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Annually billed subscription plans

Arlo needs a subscription plan that bills once a year.  I work for a business that is using Arlo camera setups for monitoring of different job locations.  There should be a discounted annual plan, or even if not discounted, there should be a plan that you could pay 1 x a year in advance so you don't have a recurring monthly bill/charge to a company credit card.  This seems like a basic option that would cater to business subscribers.  I was told by support they do not have annual plans.  I did not see that as an option through the web page for managing subscriptions, which is why I called support.

Comments
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks for posting your idea! Our development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate your contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. 

Excellent idea and one that is regularly requested,

Arlo's billing system is baffling.

There were annual plans until quite recently. They ditched those along with bundles for 10 cameras. Now it is five cameras max plus per camera add-ons.

Anyone of a suspicious turn of mind might think it was a not very subtle way of getting people to pay more.

trickytcamgeek
Luminary

Frankly Arlo’s management are good technically, but useless when it comes to customers.   So many things seem designed to piss-off users.   Would I recommend Arlo?  Two years ago, yes.  Now No.    

The debacle with the App upgrade a year or two ago, the subscription lack of one year option, the nagging to buy a plan, and now the “obligatory” two-factor authentication are all examples of where Arlo has failed to listen to conumers.   Kodak was the same.

Nextgen47
Novice
Please allow a yearly subscription for my cameras. I'm willing to pay a higher up front cost then having to constantly pay a monthly bill. I have two Arlo Ultra systems and one still has the one year for free with the system. Please help.
cocharlie1776
Initiate

I do not like having to pay for a subscription each and every month.  It’s a pain.  Please institute a yearly payment option.  It doesn’t even have to have a reduced rate, although that would be nice.  Literally all my other subscription type services offer yearly options and I expect there would be cost savings on your end over having to process payments each and every month.  I know not everyone can pay a yearly lump sum, but for those who can and want to, why don’t you offer that convenience?

advgal
Onlooker

Will you be offering an annual plan for the Smart Elite (1-5 cameras) ?

jimsz
Aspirant

I'd purchase a yearly subscription and refuse to by a monthly. I am tired of monthlies and will simply phase out my arlos for another brand.

Jacjacco
Novice
I think it’s unfair that the base station doesn’t allow me to access my recorded videos but i also have to pay a monthly membership by force, but it’s also unfair that there is no “anual” membership available at least there should be an anual option. Not happy with this people politics.
jguerdat
Guru

You don't mention what base you're using but older bases likely don't have the hardware needed to allow use of the app to see your local recordings. ALso, these cameras don't require a subscription unless you're over the 5 camera limit for the free plan but then that's always been true.

I do agree that an annual subscription would be useful.

TomMac
Guru

As you have Pro cameras, you more than likely have a 3500 or 4000 base... these models don't allow direct access to the backup mem