Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Multifactor Authentication

Offering multifactor authentication to customers is a good idea.  Imposing it is quite another.  At the very least, customers should be offered an opportunity to opt out of the impending requirement.  Please consider giving us the option before you change your current security regime.

Comments
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks for posting your idea! Our development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate your contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. 

steve8411
Apprentice

This !

I dont need multifactor authentication.  There is nothing more annoying than having to wait for a text to check on my cameras.

This is especially problematic when I need to view something happening immediately.  The Arlo camera login is  already slow enough.  Forcing another level of authentication is just ridiculous.  

At the very least, allow "remembered" devices.

Wrennie
Initiate

The slightest delay in wireless signal or email means I cannot sign into Arlo on my computers.  The two step verification requirement every time I sign in on my computer is making Arlo useless for security as I cannot see someone breaking in in time to call the police.

I was going to purchase more Arlo cameras last winter but decided to wait to see if this problem is fixed.  All users bothered by constant authentication verifications need to let Arlo know you won't be buying more cameras.  It looks like Frontpoint and Simplisafe will be gaining customers.

Dbarlouser
Initiate

This is a really annoying "enhancement"  If something goes bump in the night, I want to see my Arlo cameras ASAP, I don't have time to fumble around with Multifactor authentication.  Once a device is authenticated, it should always be authenticated.