Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Allowing users to switch from color to IR manually.

There are instances when I need to see things at dusk and the camera has already switched to IR, yet there's still enough ambient light to see a color view.

Comments
ftlum
Tutor
Manually turning off night vision is high up on my feature request list. In night vision mode, it's hard to pick out things in the picture (like my sleeping white dog).
Zapranoth
Novice

Actually, I'd like to shut off night vision for individual cameras just to save battery life.

gurd
Follower

Totally agree!!!!

HudsonDesign
Novice
Yep. We have an indoor area in a public building that is lit fine but the IR sensors kick in because we have low light in the middle of the night. But depending on the placement of the camera some times its colour sometimes night vision. Would be nice to be able to have a rule ability to manually turn off and on night vision on certain cameras.
DrKop
Novice

I am also a proud Arlo owner.  Allowing manual setting of night mode would greatly extend the life of outdoor set Arlo cameras because the area I have the camera set in is at a front door with lighting already provided.  I would save a ton of battery power but letting the outdoor camera stay manually in day mode all the time.

frank980101
Novice

Why doesn't the ARLO simply use a LOW LIGHT LENS !!! Thereby eliminating ALL these problems !!!

IR gives total darkness capability but severely limits flexibility and functionality.

At a minimum have two types of ARLO ... you will double your sales and maybe even find that IR is much less attractive.

JamesC
Community Manager
Status changed to: New Ideas

Great Idea! With the latest Arlo UI update, you can now toggle night vision!

JamesC
Community Manager
Status changed to: New Ideas

Great Idea! With the latest Arlo UI update, you can now toggle night vision!

gurd
Follower
Excellent. Thanks. This makes a huge difference!!!
pkeyrich
Follower

Is it possible for Arlo to have night vision if an IR strip of lights is installed outside while the camera is looking through the window from inside?  That might make a great accessory to purchase, if the idea works.