Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Allow multiple concurrent logins

You need to allow more than one device to be logged in at a time. In a family situation, my wife and I both need to have access to the cameras and push notifications without kicking eachother off. Allowing only one at a time really makes no sense for a product that is aimed at household security. I have a LOT of devices and I use several at once.

By the way, this is not the same thing as the "friend" feature which allows you to share cameras with other people (if you pay for a better plan).

Comments
gmyort
Tutor

The guest feature works and you can set up the guest with admin rights.  However, it has the "delete" grayed out (at least on the android app) so my wife cannot delete videos. If that were fixed the guest account would work find for most people.

SeaTal
Aspirant
Hi, I just bought the ArloQ and your website describing what's in the basic plan says it includes sharing with friends and family but this thread if I'm reading it correctly seems to imply that in order to share my camera with my wife I need to move to a paid plan. Am I reading that correctly? Also again if I'm reading this thread correctly isn't this a completely broken implementation in that only one of us can be logged in at any time? So if I get an alert and view what is happening then she can't see it? (Or vice versa). I have a Flir Fx and Dropcam too and currently have to say I'm preferring my Dropcam but really want to love to ArloQ but if the sharing is broken in this way think I see no real reason to keep the ArloQ and should just buy another Dropcam and give up entirely on Netgear ArloQ even though I want to love it but am finding configuration to what I get from my Dropcam challenging at best at this point. Thanks very much.
snip3rboy
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @SeaTal,

"I'm reading it correctly seems to imply that in order to share my camera with my wife I need to move to a paid plan. Am I reading that correctly?"

Granting access to your cameras does not require you to move to a paid plan. Can you post the link to where you found this information so it can be corrected?

"Also again if I'm reading this thread correctly isn't this a completely broken implementation in that only one of us can be logged in at any time?"

Your account and your Friend account can be logged in at the same time.

"So if I get an alert and view what is happening then she can't see it? (Or vice versa)."

Your account and the accounts you have shared your cameras to can get an alert and can view the cameras.

SeaTal
Aspirant
Thanks very much. I just tried sending the link this time from the iPhone app and was able to send the link. My guess now is there is a bug (at least using the latest version of Chrome) when I tried adding someone the send link button was greyed out. I didn't try another browser but can try a different browser later and will try finding the link again as well to post. Thanks for your help here.
JamesC
Community Manager

SeaTal,

Be sure you are selecting at least one camera to share. If no cameras are selected the link button will remain grey until at least one camera is selected.

JamesC

JamesC
Community Manager
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Greatcamera
Novice
I am severely disappointed, the camera itself is great but the login thing is a major disappointment.
Bluecewe
Aspirant

This severe login limitation is quite bizzare for a number of reasons.

First, Arlo provides web, Android, and iOS apps. It does not limit itself in any way in that regard. It makes itself very accessible with a range of apps.

Second, it is common for individuals in the modern world to own several smart devices like smartphones and tablets and use them on a regular, if not constant, basis. There is no reason that the Arlo system should not recognise and support this reality.

Third, it is perfectly concievable that two or more individuals in the same household may wish to have full access to the Arlo apps. In such cases, the Arlo system will currently prove to be very underwhelming if not wholly inadequate.

The continued presence of this severe limitation over a year later from when this thread was created is quite absurd. Netgear should really resolve this issue.

If the Arlo system has been designed in such a manner that allowing multiple concurrent users is technically problematic, Netgear should at least state that this is the case. Having a wall of silence on the matter is not desirable.

pcintra
Fledgling

I have just installed 3 cameras, logged in using a browser from my computer, installed the app on my phone and I was shocked to see that I was logged off from my computer Man Frustrated

This makes absolutely no sense at all and I may return these 3 cameras because I'm still under the 30-day-return policy of the store I purchased them from. If I knew about this limitation upfront I would not have purchased these cameras. This sounds like a "cheap" way to force your customers to pay for monthly premium services!