Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Allow multiple concurrent logins

You need to allow more than one device to be logged in at a time. In a family situation, my wife and I both need to have access to the cameras and push notifications without kicking eachother off. Allowing only one at a time really makes no sense for a product that is aimed at household security. I have a LOT of devices and I use several at once.

By the way, this is not the same thing as the "friend" feature which allows you to share cameras with other people (if you pay for a better plan).

Comments
Moy
Novice
Novice

I am super disappointed that the system would not allow us to login in at the same time. This is very frustrating. My husband and I need to be able to see what's going on at all times whenever we are at different locations. This is the dummest design I've ever seen.

Moy
Novice
Novice
Can we get this fixed and how soon?
RobertRosal
Virtuoso

Create one of you as a friend and then you both can log in at the same time.

donnoman
Tutor

That doesn't work if you are the same user on mobile and PC.  I'm not going to add myself as a friend to myself. That's just silly.

RobertRosal
Virtuoso

Sorry just giving suggestions.  As for me it works great.  I am main and I created my wife as a friend without any admin credentials.  She just wants to see video.  So when she logs in, she does not kick me off.  I don't usually login with my credentials at more than one device, so again it works for me.

SONARS
Novice

Add me too! This is mandatory !! if i would be known i would not have bought these.....

hyperferret
Novice

This is really unacceptable that we can't both be logged in. Plus I can't be logged in on my computer and my phone at the same time. Completely ridiculous. We NEED to be able to be logged in in more than one place. This doesn't seem like it should be complicated considering the plethora of online services out there that allow for this.

Mort
Fledgling

You need to set up the other user as a friend. settings/accounts setting/friends. set up what you would like them to see and have them create log in for app. I think the only way around this is to create multiple unique ID's. I get bumped from computer when I sign into app and the other way around. Set up all of your log ins through friends. It needs work for sure. Just read prior posts so not news to anyone. It's super clunky. 

Watesfamily
Novice
I believe my husband and I need to be able to access the app at the same time from different devices. This is a negative aspect that would have prevented me from purchasing Arlo, had I known.
snip3rboy
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @Watesfamily,

Have you checked out the 'Friends' Feature? Go to Settings > Grant Access. This allows the Owner and a Friend to be logged in concurrently. A friend is limited though, unable to change camera settings or account settings. You can give a Friend account Admin rights, providing him/her the ability to set the Mode of your system.

Please give it a try, it may suit what you're looking for...