Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Allow for more than one base station in all plans (free and paid)

If repeaters don't become available soon, it would be great to allow a user to have more than one base station for all of the plans provided, free and paid. It seems reasonable to allow this and still keep the camera count limits the same. I'd like to have three cameras on one base station and two cameras on another, all tied to the same account. Right now, I'm missing coverage at my house because the front and backyard are too far apart.

Thanks.

Comments
fekt
Initiate
We should be allowed to have 2 base stations, with max 5 cameras on each. We have paid for both stations. Why do we need to upgrade our plan to have this? I do not understand this logic? I have 4 cameras right now, but they can't reach my backyard. So they are all in the front. I want to purchase another base with 4 cameras, to cover my entire home. If not, I guess I will have to go with another system for the back, and probably dump the Arlo, sell it, or just use it indoors. It is a great system, but this limitation, needs to be removed.
JamesC
Community Manager

fekt,

In your case a second base station can be set up on a second account utilizing the Basic Plan. We do not limit accounts per household, only base stations per account depending on the plan to which you subscribe. If you do not wish to upgrade subscription the best solution for you may be to set up a second account with a second base station on the Basic Plan.

JamesC

fekt
Initiate
Eh 
dase wrote:

If repeaters don't become available soon, it would be great to allow a user to have more than one base station for all of the plans provided, free and paid. It seems reasonable to allow this and still keep the camera count limits the same. I'd like to have three cameras on one base station and two cameras on another, all tied to the same account. Right now, I'm missing coverage at my house because the front and backyard are too far apart.

Thanks.

Hi James,

Thank you for the reply.

I am sorry, it makes no sense to me. If I pay for a whole new system, have two bases, why would I need another account? Can't I just select the base I want in the software, or app? 
So why wouldn't I just purchase a system,  from a competitor, I would still have to sign in from a different app, or software. Seems like this limit would push customers away, or have them subscribe to a paid account.

So what I am saying is, would I be able to select the base that I want in the phone app, without having to sign in with a new email account, and password?
It would be nice, and set your cameras way above everyone else. The only reason, I see for this not to happen, is for your customers to be forced into a paid plan. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Status changed to: Implemented