Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Adding Audio to the Arlo Smart Home Security System

I think adding audio to your amazing video quality would just be icing on the cake and a highly desireable feature that would significantly contribute to the Arlo Smart Home Security system standing apart from any other product in this market space. 

Comments
yman
Follower

How about adding an inside speaker that can be programmed to bark like a dog when a specific camera is triggered?

JamesC
Community Manager

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

JJ8558
Novice

So here it is May 2017, I ordered my Arlo Pro.  Are you saying the audio feature is not  included?  

Chelseyrhiannon
Fledgling
I believe the Arlo Pro does have 2 way sound.
JamesC
Community Manager
Status changed to: Implemented in latest product

JamesC
Community Manager
Status changed to: Implemented in latest product

fruitcat
Initiate

I'd like this too. It would be amazing to have this for my outside video security, as my front gate is quite a ways from my front door, and that way I wouldn't have to go all the way out there every time someone rings the doorbell. 

JamesC
Community Manager

fruitcat,

Take a look at the Arlo Pro. It is an outdoor Arlo wire free camera with two-way audio features: Arlo Pro The world’s first and only 100% wire-free, weatherproof, rechargeable HD smart security cam...

JamesC

fruitcat
Initiate

Thanks JamesC-- I realized after posting this that I do have ArloPros, and that is a function on them. I originally bought the battery Arlos, but upgraded pretty quickly. Clearly I need to go get myself a coffee and wake up from the lunchtime food coma 🙂

marcusfoern
Novice

If you’re a fiercely independent filmmaker who likes to shoot alone, or you’ve simply been slugged with shooting some birthday party because you’re the only one who can work the camera, then a boom won’t be suitable for you. While many boom mics can also be mounted directly on a camera, booms are most effective when you have a sturdy someone to hold the mic (mounted on the end of a boom pole), either above or below the speakers just out of frame.