Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Add more and different smart devices

Add more and different smart devices.

Example: Smoke / Water / CO2 / .. sensors for more push alerts.

Intercom inside the camera

Cool, a live intercom over internet to for a: "Hey what are you doing here, you know your face is on my video now? Turn around and go or I will call the police."

or a separet device like a doorbell.
Hey, the actual market haven't anything 2 familie house that need more than one doorbell at the entrance. (except you want to buy something for 2000€)

And we need WLAN Actors (Door opener contracts triggered from the app, NO (NormalOpen) or NC relais or Power On/Off) or extra lamps that can be triggered via app or from the doorbell for example a chime.  

A Plug-In cam if you not want to change batteries. Or an waterresistend add on case (like some cases for cell phones with an extra power accu) accu pack that keep the camera 10 times longer online as the smal batteries.

A secured cam that you can mount outside at the entrance, that can't be stolen so easly. At minimum a kind of kensington lock for my camera.

Enough ?

Best regards

CamFan

Comments
romiller06
Aspirant

It definitely would be nice to use one app for all things.  I am hoping the Xfinity deal will go through and this will cover most of it.  I know Xfinity has their own cameras so I am not sure how feasible it will be.

Gatortech94
Follower
It would be nice to be able to arm and disarm the Arlo system with the Amazon Alexa
ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired
Status changed to: Archived - Not Enough Votes

Although this idea did not get many votes we appreciate your contribution! As you may already be aware we have added several new integrations such as SmartThings, Stringify, and more. We'd love to hear more of your great ideas!

ChachaD11
Follower

If an Arlo camera had a heat/smoke detector not only would it be cool, but it would play a dramatic role for everyone.

1. If there was a fire in your house while you are on your vacation, I think You would probably want to know. 

2.Having a 911 alert system will also help with a simple tap of a button (maybe with a password so random people can not use it freely).

timtong
Aspirant

ADT won't happy about thatCat Tongue

JamesC
Community Manager

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

JamesC
Community Manager
Status changed to: New Ideas

JamesC
Community Manager
Status changed to: Partially Implemented

We are always adding new devices to the Arlo lineup along with new partner Integrations, visit www.arlo.com to keep up to date with new additions.

astatguy
Novice

I'm pretty happy using IFTTT to integrate devices from different vendors, but for video storage I'd prefer a single vendor.  For instance, I use my Nest (Google) thermostats to tell other devices whether I'm home so I can automatically turn lights on or off.  I]m using an Arlo at my front door while I wait for an Arlo doorbell (hopelessly optimistic).  I'm not really happy having a video camera above my front door.