Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.
0 Likes

Record 5 seconds prior to event

I recently purchased this camera system and it works great, however there is one improvement I'd like to see. The improvement is a backwards capability similar to DriveCam where the recording includes the 5 seconds prior to the event. I find that even at 100% sensitivity the recoding starts when the person is halfway up the walkway or the car pulls halfway into the driveway. This would also allow for a more accurate sensitivity setting and less false alarms because you don't need as high of setting.

Thank you for your time!

-Matt
Comments
vanitalo
Fledgling
This would essentially mean that the camera would always be recording and discarding the footage if no motion is detected. The problem with that is that the Arlo cameras are completely wireless and function on battery power. Your cameras would go flat in minutes.
JamesC
Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived - Not Enough Votes

n11
Apprentice
Apprentice
When plugged in Arlo Ultra uses a pre-buffer to record the 3 seconds before activation. I have mine plugged in and have found that 3 seconds is a little short. I understand that the buffer length is not currently adjustable by the user, it is fixed at 3 seconds. It would be nice if it could be slightly longer, possibly 5, 10 or 15 seconds. For example I have a camera at the front of my garage aiming toward the street and activity is only detected about 1/2 way up the driveway (limited by a combination of distance from the camera as well as the activity zone). When a person comes far enough down my driveway and triggers activation there is no recording of what vehicle they got out of if it drove away. While this is a minor example it demonstrates the need for a longer buffer.