Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Add a "Log out of all devices" option when changing Arlo account password.

I typed out this super long and detailed explanation of my situation and I went to click post and it was timed out. Awesome! Keep in mind that this problem may only be due to my specific circumstances. Long stories short, I changed my password via computer browser, and after successfully changing the password, none of my devices that were previously logged in asked for the new credentials and remained accessible to the account in question. I could still view all of the cameras and everything. I have already talked to support and gave them all of my specific information like modem/router/os/phone models etc. Thanks for your guys' time. My last statement was so much better than this but I don't even want to spend the time again at this point. I'm on the clock. Please don't reply asking for more information because somebody in support already has all of it. His name was John. The titled implementation should fix the problem from occurring any further. Most security-based systems have this option.
Comments
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

SusieQ2
Aspirant

It’s been 5 months.  Any progress on this?

SusieQ2
Aspirant

It seems like a no-brainer that when you change the password everyone logged in with the old password would be logged out and have to log back in with the new one...

These are security cams, right?

Ahipsley
Initiate

@SusieQ2 @JessicaP it seems as though I care about updating the community more than Arlo Moderators do haha. Anyway, I believe that Arlo has implemented a token system. Every time a user logs in, it generates a token. Whenever that token expires (I'm assuming it's set to like a day or so), you will need to re-login and enter the password (whether it's new or old). This does prevent people from logging in over time when a password is changed, however, it's not instant like other security-based systems with the option to "Log out of all devices" or "Cancel all active tokens" upon the changing of password. Implementing that option from my original post should fix this issue. I'm not sure if they ever implemented it yet or not. I don't care enough to go check.

andrewPDX
Follower

Arlo cameras are only useful against low-level criminals who take bicycles and yard equipment etc. Who knows why but I've had people getting past my cameras since day one. Someone sneaking in to my room and putting gross things on my food and belongings. 

I've tried everything man. Arlo, Ring, Simplisafe, Bitdefender Box 2, Fingbox...

Day one I got the logged out because logged in from another device message. I don't get that one anymore, but my cameras go off when I'm not around. Records to prove it. 

Customer service is sending me a new base station but what am I gonna do about very obvious flaws in the app? 

Having a record of who logged in and from where and when would be ideal.