Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Add a marker to show where motion is detected

On my system I get false positives on detected motion all of the time.  The sad part is that the camera is watching over a large empty field.  I would love to see some type of marker on the video showing what the camera has detected.  This would allow me to change the camera settings to 

Comments
StephenB
Guru

Not sure how easy this would be, but it would be nice to have more info on what exactly triggered the motion detection.

JustAnElf2
Apprentice

Exactly!  Every day I get a range of 5 to 30 notifications from the same camera that a vehicle or a person has been detected.  It's not the camera causing the error because I've swapped it out with another one.  The best I can tell is that it's confused by the slowly moving shadow of the building the camera is attached to.  It would be nice to have a simple debug mode that puts a few red pixels on the image showing where the alert was triggered.  This would go a long way in adjusting the sensitivity of the camera and setting up the exclusion areas it's monitoring.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator

We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

Brickhouse
Novice

Seeing the trigger area of motion isn't new technology so I'm surprised it isn't part of these cameras.  I find myself often rewinding and zooming into areas of the camera just to see if I can find what triggered the motion.  Sometimes I found a mouse or a rabbit but man did it take numerous rewinds and zooms to find it but other times it's just a motionless video.   I monitor for the little critters too so I want to know each motion trigger.