Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Alexa routine to display an Arlo camera

We can currently set up routines where Alexa will say something when motion is detected on a camera.  It would be great if we could make an action that displays the camera on an Amazon Show device on that motion detection.  I have a camera at my front door.  It would be great if my Alexa show could display that front door camera as soon as motion is detected.  This way, I won't have to ask Alexa to do it and then wait 5-10 seconds for Arlo to load on the Show.  It will already be showing.

Comments
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator

Hi @kyoung116

We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

superbad
Tutor

It would be a great improvement. Can you imagine to have Arlo doorbell which makes echo show showing the camera at front door upon button pressed!

ONepenthe
Follower

As one can see, it's been almost a year since the original query was submitted.  Yet, there hasn't been any advancement on this issue?  Come on ARLO, how difficult can this be?  😠  

hexrays
Tutor

I've gotten mine to show the video from my Arlo doorbell when the button is pushed, but I have not found out how to stop the video after a certain amount of time...... If we're not home to tell Alexa to stop, it will stay on.

revogoda
Fledgling

I have the notifications coming through an echo device stating there is motion at "front door" , is there not a way to have it say that on echo speaker devices, and automatically have my " echo show " show me the live feed of the motion? I would have thought this would be a great feature to have and certainly cannot be the only one who thinks this would be a great option, to auto start the live feed on the echo show ( using the arlo skill - show front door )