Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Add Outdoor camera with enhanced night vision and zoom capabilities.

Initial cameras are great, however, offering a dedicated camera for outdoor would be great with enhanced night vision, zoom capabilities, secure mounting, etc. Outdoor enviornments are dynamic so the application also needs to be able to control the various settings to get optimum usage.  

Comments
Retired_Member
Not applicable
I totally agree!!!! I would buy a few for sure. While I really do like this system, the cameras are lacking in outdoor functionality. Especially at night. I'd like to see a camera with better low light capabilities instead of kicking into night vision mode for outdoors. Also better long distance view. My neighbor has a system from XFinity and I really love how their night time clips look. They still maintain color and a clear picture at night and can see very clearly a few houses down the street. This would be so appreciated!
Retired_Member
Not applicable
I totally agree!!!! I would buy a few for sure. While I really do like this system, the cameras are lacking in outdoor functionality. Especially at night. I'd like to see a camera with better low light capabilities instead of kicking into night vision mode for outdoors. Also better long distance view. My neighbor has a system from XFinity and I really love how their night time clips look. They still maintain color and a clear picture at night and can see very clearly a few houses down the street. This would be so appreciated!
j7470ek
Onlooker

I would like to see the following on the outdoor arlo. 1080p hd. 2 way audio. pan tilt remotely. wider angle camera lense.

JamesC
Community Manager
Status changed to: Future Consideration

dcarlton
Novice

Please consider making available a higher resolution night vision camera.  The ones that come with this system don't reach out far enough and are not bright enough to give a decent picture unless you are within a close distance less than 20 feet of the camera.  If you are outside this short distance than there has to be a light come on or some light source to aid the camera.  This is the biggest short coming I see about this system.  This system is easy to hook up and works good but it would be awesome to have a really good night vision camera as an option you could add to this system. 

yes, that is what I would like also. I hope they make this soon. I have seen a few other camera systems comign out with these features.

JamesC
Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived - Not Enough Votes

fruitcat
Initiate

I'd buy an outdoor version that can continuously record in a second-- I have a Q-cam, but it's an indoor-only camera, and would be trashed by the elements. Or, perhaps make a mount that waterproofs it without obscuring the visibility? 

Elutoss
Follower

The zoom should be able to capture license plate numbers. 

I have been disappointed by the Arlo Pro camera which claims to be HD but all plate nubmers are fuzzy. I baught it to keep an eye on the mailbox which gets broken into once every 6 months or so.