Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Ability to group base stations to use one mode/rule set for all cameras

I just purchased a second base station because I needed to install some cameras that were out of reach of the "main" base station.

What I realised now is that apparently there is no way to "group" them, so I can use one Mode/Ruleset for all of them.

This is quite annoying for several reasons:

- I need to re-create all rules from the first base station

- I need to re-create all IFTTT rules I set up

- whenever I make changes, I need to make sure I do them in both places

and MOST IMPORTANTLY

I cannot create the rules I planned on doing, e.g. "if motion on camera driveway (base station 1) is detected, start recording on driveway AND on front door (base station 2).

VERY disappointing!!!

My fear is that this will also not get as many Kudos because I guess there are more people with one base station than with multiple base stations....

So thanks for considering this!!! 

Comments
JesseandMike
Fledgling

I just installed a second base station and am having the same issue.   It would be benefical to allow/program this functionality into the system as I cannot find a common location where all my cameras can connect to just one base station. 

I'm not sure if I can use IFTTT.com to set up mulitbase recording, but I'll be researching it.

Michael

TrulsZK
Apprentice

I find it sometimes annoying having to change the rules for all of my cameras, 1 at a time.
However it would be great if it was possible to have one set of rules for all cameras and then configure everything inside that (what to arm, etc)
Also the ability to affect multiple cameras and/or base stations with one activity e.g. Motion to trigger other cameras.

In short rules for the entire system/account and not for each individual camera. (Wire-free, Pro, Q, etc)

JamesC
Community Manager

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the communities contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on it's potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

Thank you,

JamesC

artywah
Tutor

I just purchased a 2nd base station and am having the same issue.

I also have 2 Arlo (mains owered) cameras for indoors. 

It would be great to be able to address all of these with the same modes.

bkhsms
Initiate
Same issue. Two base stations for one household. I'd like to get the same logical household and modes for any device I manage for Arlo devices. I could see this as an option for AirBnB with multiple domiciles in one building. Separate modes for each domicile and one household mode on top of all else for different modes depending on devices and occupancy state.
ejjs
Aspirant

Same issue here, I have:

2 x base stations - 13 camera's together

2x Arlo Q's

So each time I need to arm, i have to arm over 4 "hubs", and then disarm 4 hubs again,  day in day out; it is painful. It would be great  to have customisable grouping, so two hubs can fall under one "arm/disarm" command.

The ultimate would be the ability to group by camera instead of hub. So I could have exterior cameras that are across hub 1 and 2 arm, while the interior cameras across hub 1 and 2 remain disarmed until such time I go to bed and arm. 

For priority, check user accounts for > 1 hub, they will then all be experiencing the same pain, and  are more than likely your paying subscription clients.