Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

4K Camera

I want an outdoor 4K 30fps POE Camera capable of reading license plates of speeding cars passing by my house.
Comments
Rocky71092
Tutor
We have had the original and now the pro but the new Arlo outdoor camera whenever it's coming out should have as followed for an even better experience

4k high resolution video sensor with 60fps (frames per second)

Motion zones to adujust so we can stop getting tree branches recorded

Longer battery life (we are gonna buy the solar panels anyways)

Better microphones with sound cancellation so you hear the voice crisp and clear
Louder speaker and no lag between the when you talk

When you press the mic button make it so it dose not cut off the sound coming in, make it true two way audio so you hear them while you can still be talking like on ring video door bell
Let multiple people on the same app at once (don't kick off someone logging in, then it kicks out who was already in)

Advanced motion to know the difference between a pet and a human

All these features would be great on the next arlo outdoor camera
Smxcan
Apprentice

4k video should also be availabe on indoor cameras. If you need to zoom in to get details then 1080p video gets blurry.

dondagator
Novice

So when is this coming out? 

Cantab
Star

I agree that we should have 4k recording.

As someone else mentioned, given the very wide field of view, 4k is essential for being able to make out facial features. It's quite pointless to simply know the fact that someone entered your home without also providing the police with evidence that will help with their investigation.

Your competitor, Nest Cam, already supports very limited 4K. It's time to beat them and support true 4k recording.

It's also time to make larger aperture lenses with high transmission ratings + large BSI sensors. 

Cantab
Star

I agree that we should have 4k 60fps recording.

As someone else mentioned, given the very wide field of view, 4k is essential for being able to make out facial features. It's quite pointless to simply know the fact that someone entered your home without also providing the police with evidence that will help with their investigation.

Your competitor, Nest Cam, already supports very limited 4K. It's time to beat them and support true 4k recording.

It's also time to make larger aperture lenses with high transmission ratings + large BSI sensors. 

Cbloyer81
Aspirant

Keep in mind, 4K uses incredible amonts of data .I had 2 Nest 4K cameras, I had to turn one off and get another Arlo Pro 2 because I was going over my 1TB Comcast data cap. 

PBJ918
Tutor

If they use H.265, it halves the bandwidth required. Your Nest isn't really a 4K camera. It has an 8MP sensor, but encodes in 1080. I don't understand why companies like Arlo and Nest don't adopt H.265.

JamesC
Community Manager
Status changed to: Implemented in latest product

With the new Arlo Ultra camera, 4K streaming and recording is now available. For more information on Arlo Ultra, take a look here: Arlo Ultra 4K Wire-Free HDR Security Cameras

Cantab
Star

The only 4k HDR Arlo camera is the Ultra, but it does not have PoE.

Here's my feature request for a new "Arlo Q Ultra":

1. 4k

2. HDR

3. Large aperture, high resolution lens

4. Sensor with excellent low-light capabilities (e.g. the Sony IMX485 BSI sensor - https://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/News/Press/201906/19-058E/index.html)

5. A variety of connection options including:

• (a) Ethernet connection to any PoE+ switch,
  • (b) wireless connection to the Arlo base station,
  • (c) Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) connection to any wireless access point - leave out Wi-Fi 5 and older completely because they won't be able to support 4k recording.

Connection to a PoE+ switch would presumably offer the most stable connection, and this is what businesses and large homes would want. 

6. One model with wide angle of view, one model with telescopic lens (~100mm equivalent).