Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.
0 Likes

connect to Tiles for authorized movement

I have a couple of suggestions for future product features.
Add the ability to pair with Tiles or their equivalent so that the cameras could detect when a tile is near. I foresee a couple desirable uses, but Im sure there are more. First, a doggie doorbell. Our dog approaches are back door and I get a notice immediately of activity. It would be nice to know its the dog and send it to the whole family so someone can let him in. If this could be extended to detect the dog close to the camera and not just in view, it could be used to let him out as well. I would also use it to selectively suppress notifications and potentially recording if motion is triggered and a tile is in range of the camera. I could keep the system armed all of the time but not be notified every time someone goes in or out.Of course if you do your own Tile like product, you could implement the Tile features as well. It might be fun to activate a Tile on my dogs collar.
You could also add a feature that started all or a subset of cameras recording if motion is detected on certain cameras without an approved tile. Im thinking one could have a camera pointed at an entrance ideally located to record people entering, but that camera would only record after an outside camera detected unauthorized motion.