Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

2nd factor Authenication added to the login process

Hello,

I tried to search for this idea, but didn't see anything.

I would like to see 2nd factor authenication options added to the login process.

Thanks

Comments
nocturnien
Fledgling

When will Arlo give an ETA on 2FA? The current log-in implementation for Arlo web portal is extremely weak.  If left as is, it is likely that an Arlo hack will get into the news soon.  Please, please fix this weakness

Uribees
Star

With all the security concerns about hacking and personal privacy Arlo should add a multi-factor authentication option to user account settings for those users that want to further secure their accounts. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator

We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

dak90020
Novice

With millions of account hacked, with even competitor, nest, has obseved hacked into customer account, how can I trust 4 Arlo cameras that I have. Am I the only one who is watching my house from inside and outside or is there any hacker also watching me?

This has been discussed for more than 2 years on https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Idea-Exchange/2nd-factor-Authenication-added-to-the-login-process...

If 2FA, doesn't get added into a month, better to move out of Arlo as not sure who is watching my house other than me.

dak90020
Novice

With millions of account hacked, with even competitor, nest, has obseved hacked into customer account, how can I trust 4 Arlo cameras that I have. Am I the only one who is watching my house from inside and outside or is there any hacker also watching me?

This thread has been discussed for more than 2 years here. It is really sad that product owner of the web-site do not even read the thread.

If 2FA, doesn't get added into a month, I would rather move out of Arlo as not sure who is watching my house other than me.

Sircoynie
Apprentice

This company are a complete joke now in the IOT world. Shareholders are getting p’d with the MD and the lack of customer support and poorly backed new products is really becoming an issue. I am now actively looking at an alternative and a way to sell all my arlo kit as missing features like this which are ESSENTIAL has become too much of a risk for me.

Krystoff
Guide

Just tried a few things on changing my password, and unless I was doing something wrong the Arlo systems can’t even accept a special character like a full stop “.”

or hyphen “-“ in the password

The people working for this company should be ashamed of themselves - you don’t even allow us to set complex passwords?

please somebody tell me I did something wrong?

2FA should be a given if this is really how they expect us to “secure” our homes?....

GoalSecurity
Tutor

Krystoff, I use a "special character" (not a letter or number) in my password.

Krystoff
Guide
Thanks - will try again, but wasn’t letting me save a new password with a special character yesterday on iOS 
Arav
Onlooker

Hello Arlo Team,

Thanks dak90020 for bringing this up.

This has been in the discussion in 2016 and I am surprised that its still not implemented. These days this is not "Good to have Feature" but a "Must Feature" for all security related devices.

There are times when I see LED (infrared) glows even when I am not checking arlo. This is a serious concern and I am not sure if I can consider Arlo safe. I change my passwords regularly inspite of that I see LED glows.

I completely agree with dak90020. There are some security camera companies which immediately implemented multi factor authentication after hacking incidents. When will Arlo implement this? Please escalate to your products team.

Thanks..