Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

2nd factor Authenication added to the login process

Hello,

I tried to search for this idea, but didn't see anything.

I would like to see 2nd factor authenication options added to the login process.

Thanks

Comments
DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired
Status changed to: Engineering Investigation

lewismarke
Novice

Two-factor Authentication is needed given all the security breaches with home devices.  This is a big issue that needs to be addressed asap, it is a gap in the security features that is leaving all customers vulnerable.

Cwmmmm
Luminary
2FA, is coming soon.
nocturnien
Fledgling

Given the recent increased reporting of security cam hacks, additional security is very much warranted.  The current log-in is simply too basic.  At minimum, users should be given the option of using 2-factor auth when the server side notices that a new device is trying to log in. 

jguerdat
Guru

It's not just cameras but the whole IoT spectrum. I agree, this is essential.

numb15
Apprentice

By 2 factor authentication, is it a second password or something like memorable data (mother's maiden name, first pet etc.)?

For Apple users at least, either Touch ID or Face ID should be sufficient (I assume Android phones have something similar). By which I mean if a hacker tried to hack in, they should be asked for fingerprint or face ID too?

JudeThomas
Novice
Are there any plans to add this Feature? Especially when considering the recent security breaches with Nest. https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2019/01/23/family-says-hacked-nest-camera-warned-them-nort...
robertfree
Novice

Please add this for security of our home camera system

Sircoynie
Apprentice
First of all, please don’t close or lock this thread like you have with the last 2FA thread.

Please give us an ETA on 2 factor Authentication implementation? This should be (no questions asked) No 1 on your development schedule now and you should have an idea of when it is coming?

I think that if you don’t have any ETA, or just close this thread then we can all assume that you are concentrating more on new products and abandoning the security of your existing customer base. Hence, we should all move to more responsible and secure products?

We look forward to your detailed response?

Thanks
AMorH
Tutor
Is the Arlo development team working on adding 2FA feature? Please add this feature, as well as being able to "save" trusted devices. Thanks.