Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

2nd factor Authenication added to the login process

Hello,

I tried to search for this idea, but didn't see anything.

I would like to see 2nd factor authenication options added to the login process.

Thanks

Comments
arloMassachuset
Fledgling

We just want 2FA (Even as an option we have to enable) 

As of your possibilities : 
1. No. Arlo's API uses oAuth. 
2. Sure but No. You can't prevent users of any service from glory holing their credentials away but the idea that non-official integrations are being setup/subscribed to by anything other than a miniscule portion of their user base is unlikely and frankly not their problem. 2FA would solve this. 

There is a third more likely possibility  : It's exactly what they said it is. Suspicious activity that they believe has nothing to do with them. Your hacked yahoo email/pw combo that you used to create an arlo user/pw was attempted against Arlo's login page. These mass login attempts happen all the time. A distributed attack using unrelated stolen email/pw combos from any one of the thousand of dark web sites that offer them is the simplest explanation. 

They need to implement 2FA but you can take them at their word on that notice. 

mummandy
Aspirant

Just adding my $.02 that we need 2fa

Newjack
Follower
It's kind of a joke that it's not available, as well as aleerts that someone has logged into the account. We need authroized tokens, 2fa and more. Physical security and computer security. Get with it guys.
umgeher
Follower

Yes, it is really a joke - but a bad one! Watch "dark net" on Netflix and you will think of deactivating Netgear Arlo until they offer a safe solution for account protection. It is very poor for the brand of Netgear in my opinion 😞

Krysuk
Star

Why are we September 2018 and STILL no 2Factor authentication?

disgusting they haven’t implemented this BASIC feature available on ALL Arlo accounts 

Krysuk
Star

@_Christopher_ wrote:

Hello,

I tried to search for this idea, but didn't see anything.

I would like to see 2nd factor authenication options added to the login process.

Thanks

Why are we September 2018 and STILL no 2Factor authentication?

disgusting they haven’t implemented this BASIC feature available on ALL Arlo accounts 

Krysuk
Star

And 9 months later after the last comment on this thread - STILL no 2FA

Ashleyjh23
Initiate

Hi, I was wondering if there is a two step authentication process that can be used to protect our arlo cameras/hub/account

TomMac
Guru

Not to my knowledge

Elly_Zlh
Follower
I agree that making Arlo's security cameras more secure should be a priority, and a second authentication factor would help accomplish it. This would also give Arlo an edge over its competitors.