Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

"Download all" in a single zip file

When select all is used and download is pressed, the website starts downloading every video individually. 

It would be much less tedious if the website would pack the videos into a zip or something so only one file is downloaded instead of possibly hundreds of them.

I request this because if you are using not chrome and do not have it set to ask you where to save everytime if you are, it opens a download dialogue for every single video causing you to have to click save as many times as videos.  The only way around this is to use chrome and just let it download each one without asking where to save it.  If you use edge, ie, or firefox it will ask you where to save each file probably causing the browser to crash or you will have to click save, ALOT.  If you use chrome and it opens that many dialogues, it will crash chrome.

So, to sum up, to get around this, use chrome and don't set it to ask you each time, which is how every other browser works instead of forcing you to always download to the same folder or change the setting every time.

Comments
JamesC
Community Manager

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

hnelke
Fledgling

That will be a great feature... like in Google Drive.

If you select more than one file (Video) automaticly a Zip was downloaded.Smiley Happy

beealro
Novice

Thank you sooo much for the tip!  Please also check out the Flash playey support to make sure Fl;ash is working properly.  Everytime I logged into the website, it prompted me to update Flash.  

Use or fix Flash audio & video

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/6258784

Tangram11
Follower

A year and half later and still no progress on implementing a bulk download feature.

MSS1911
Aspirant

I have 176 videos (per day) from several days that I need to download in its entirety.  When I "select all" and "download" videos (with popup-blocker disabled), your webpage creates 176 new pop-ups to download each file individually.  This is a real software design failure!  It basically incapacitates my laptop for a few minutes, I'm lucky my system doesn't crash.  Can your web page please offer bulk download of videos as a single, large ZIP file?  This is an urgently needed feature for me.