Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

iOS Do Not Disturb Bypass

Like most people, I use the iPhone's Do-Not_Disturb at night so I don't get notifications from the 30+ apps I have installed on my phone.  But I need to be able to receive notifications from Arlo if one of my cameras is triggered.  Either design the app to notify above the iOS DND, or design a new notification system that uses phone call or text message (like most stores use now for sales and coupons).  

Thank you!

Comments
brianArlo
Novice

Are there plans to take advantage of the Critical Alert API for IOS? This is the only way for an app to bypass Do Not Disturb. As of right now, I have to choose between emails and texts messages beeping all night and still getting camera alerts or turning everything off and missing camera alerts. The only work around I see to this would be allowing notifications by text message and you can set certain contacts to ignore do not disturb. 

Aus-Gav
Initiate

For the Arlo iOS app can you please enable the iOS critical alert notifications feature.

This will enable the alerts to come through on my iPhone even if the iPhone is in do not disturb mode.

please have your app developers take a look at this.