Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Windows 10 Phone App

Yes. Please make a Windows 10 phone app. The web portal is not supported for live viewing since it requires flash and it is not supported in Windows 10 Phone. Or change the web portal to HTML instead of flash.
Comments
TwistedTell
Aspirant

I'll just add my request for an Arlo App for Windows Smart Phone in the hopes of contributing to the critical mass necessary to get it done!

Has anyone had any luck with using one of the generic surviellance apps in the Windows Store?

djrbx
Aspirant

Any update on this? I am planning on switching back to Windows Phone when the new phones are slated to be released in October. It would be nice to use a proper Arlo app on Windows Phone 10. Hopefuly, the app itself will be a Windows 10 Universal app for support on Windows Phone 10, Windows 10 desktop, and quite possibly the Xbox One as well.

Shoey
Guide

Arlo is something I've been looking for. Kudo's on a universal app for Windows and Windows Phone

btw an XBox one app would be really cool if it's doable.

Roels
Novice

In the process of buing IP Camera's but my entire family is using Windows Phone.

Please release a Windows app that works on Windows Phone!

serol wrote:

Very pleased with my new Arlo camera but app for Windows Phone 8.1 / Windows 10 mobile need to be made ASAP.

JoachimK
Tutor

Hi Netgear / Arlo,

I would like to see an App for Windows & Windows Phone as well. Add me if you want a beta tester.

Joachim

howardcj
Aspirant
Has anyone actually received or seen a Netgear/Arlo response that a Windows phone app is coming and when????
Robert
Fledgling

The last answer I got month ago was that an app is planned, but with no release date.

On my Lumia 930 with Windows 10 mobile I'm able to run the Android Arlo App. Unfortunately not all functions are working. I can see which cameras are avaible, but live streaming is broken. I can browse the recordings, but playback is broken too. Notifications aren't available, because there are no google services on Windows Phones.

So Netgear has two options if they don't want to start programming a completely new Windows Phone app:

- fixing the bugs of the Android App in Windows 10 mobile and using Microsoft services for notification. This would result in an app for the Windows 10 mobile app.

- they can also take the IOS app and import it to Visual Studio (Project Islandwood), which enables them to reuse the most parts of the objective-C code to create an Universal Windows App, which runs on phones, tablets, laptops, PCs, etc.. But the objective-C "converter" isn't ready yet.

So the second option would be preferable, I think.

You can still contact the customer support and ask for a Windows App. Maybe they accelerate the development of the app, if there are enough requests.

jerryme
Novice

Very disappointed that there is no Windows Phone app. I am considering returning my 3 camera purchase.

scharique
Novice

Netgear's official twitter handle had suggested to me (back in Jan 2015) that a Windows Phone app is on their roadmap and definitely coming, when I asked for status this week, they sent me here 🙂

howardcj
Aspirant
This seems to be a typical response from Netgear. "Just let the poor Windows phone fools talk amongst themselves so we don't have to commit or respond officially." Aggravating to say the least. We have no idea if, when or what is happening!!!