Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Video Doorbell to have a label button saying "Press Here"

I would like to send Arlo a suggestion but can't find a contact email for them. Here is the suggestion:

Since I installed the video door bell about one month ago, I have had several occasions where people said they rang the bell but nothing happened. Finally, a friend came by and "rang" the bell and nothing happened. He knocked. I asked him why he didn't ring the bell and he said he did. As I stood talking with him he pointed to the camera as the "button" that he pushed. I realized then that the camera looks more like the button because it protrudes outward. He thought the actual button was just a speaker. So, my suggestion to Arlo is, label the button with the words "Press Here" which is what I have now done. It has been successful thus far.Arlovideobell.jpg

Comments
Edd904
Follower

After several people came to my door and said the doorbell didn't work, I  realized they were pushing on the camera thinking it was the bell since it protrudes outward.  I created a label for the button and stuck it on. I think it would be a simple idea for Arlo to add a label to the button something like the photo of my bell button.Arlovideobell.jpg

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator

We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

Shade4blu
Novice

Yes! There needs to be something that indicates where to “push”. So far, only FedEx has pushed the button, everyone else has pushed the camera! I actually put a piece of painters tape in the shape of an arrow above the doorbell button, with a green dot ON the button! Don’t know how else to resolve this. I’m just afraid someone is going to push too hard and break the camera. 

29EE2002-62A2-4EA5-9DC9-195D3649895C.jpeg