Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Upgrade/Promotional Buyback/Trade in program

Why doesn't ARLO offer an Upgrade/Promotional Buyback program? I'm a relatively new customer and yes I know the new cameras are backward compatible with whAt I have but I would like and could really use some of the new features for all my cameras.

ARLO PLEASE consider putting together a program to help out all your customers that have older equipment. Buying the newer cameras and base station to get some of the needed capabilites and functions is just not affordable for me.

Comments
jarlo123
Aspirant

Why not offer customer's the that had to deal and still do with the Arlo Pro 2 Issues a reasonable fee to upgrade to the new Arlo Ultra? It's a fair idea for the Netgear/Arlo to work out some kind of offer that is fair for those that dealt with long hours on the phone support many times to deal with problems with the Arlo Pro 2 Cameras, that you finally had to admit their was a problem? I mean come on let's be fair some of us spent a lot of time and money on a company rated so high by CNET only to find out it was crap deal, even your warrranty plan is stupid and no other company makes the customer spend about an hour on the phone to only find out in the end the camera is broken and we pay to send it back and hope you send us another Arlo Pro 2 that works don't you think? If you don't want me to post this here we can post it where the other site is that you can't change, but I think it's a good thing to work together.

randyhit
Novice

I agree! While the equipment may be backwards compatible the software of features aren't. Such as, the ability of intergrate with an Apple watch. It would be great if we could get some type of credit for exsiting equipment when upgrading. 

RAKNM
Follower

James. It's pretty obvious Arlo doesn't care about existing long term customers as no "buyback" or "trade in" program has been offered for over 2 years. Arlo surely knows technology changes as they struggle to keep up with the competition. If I need to purchase new cameras at the full retail price to get the newest technology offered by Arlo I will be forced to change vendors to get the "best bag for my buck". 

jarlo123
Aspirant

I know that we all spent money into the Arlo Security Camera System, It's most likely time to find a lawyer! I have tried everything and get nowhere. All these emails that goto your email account, if they are past 30 days you still do not get to see the videos. So all of us that purchased more space on your email accounts to get these emails, your tricked again. I would consider 

One Option:

Blink Indoor Home Security Camera System with Motion Detection, HD Video, 2-Year Battery Life and Cl...

Another Option:

MAYBE TRY THIS, I THINK I AM GOING TO:

• eufy Security eufyCam E Wireless Home Security Camera System, 365-Day Battery Life, HD 1080p, IP65 Weatherproof & Night Vision, Compatible with Amazon Alexa, 2-Cam Kit, No Monthly Fee, and you get a whole year or more to go back and look at your videos.
  • 365-day Battery Life: The 100% wire-free and IP65 weatherproof-rated camera is designed to run for 365 days (or 3 years in Standby Mode) per charge, indoors and out.
  • Full HD Surveillance: 1080p resolution, combined with our exceptional night vision technology, ensures the video is recorded with crystal-clear quality both day and night.
  • No Monthly Fees: eufyCam E doesn’t require any monthly fees to use, and comes with a 16GB microSD card that stores up to one year's worth of recordings. (30s footage, 10 times per day per camera)
  • Easy Installation: 3 easy ways to install: 1) Screw onto the Outdoor Mount, 2) Stick onto the Magnetic Mount, 3) Stick on metallic surfaces
  • What’s Included: 2x eufyCam E, HomeBase Station (Region A), 2x Magnetic Indoor Mount, 2x Secure Outdoor Mount, 16GB microSD Card (Inserted in HomeBase), Ethernet Cable, Micro USB Charging Cable, AC Power Adapter, Warning Sticker, Owner’s Manual, Happy Card
  • NO MONTHLY CHARGE!
jarlo123
Aspirant
Spoiler
SORRY GUYS, FOR ME IT'S eufy Security eufyCam E Wireless Home Security Camera System
I don't see the back of someone's head, I get to see their FACE and have a clear shot, and if I need to go back more than 30 days, which I do a lot of the time because of the neighbors I CAN!!

I bought 2k worth of Arlo crap that won't let me go back thirty days even with the attached USB drive and a damn subscription, are you kidding me!  Looks like Arlo (Netgear) spending more on advertising with Digitrends.com, PCMAG.com and Geardiary.com (what?) LOL
CNET is next??  Guess I have no choice but to wait for Arlo to get up to speed, no matter what you do USB drive, Subscription or all the emails you only get 30 days of video! give it away!!!
jarlo123
Aspirant

SORRY GUYS, FOR ME IT'S eufy Security eufyCam E Wireless Home Security Camera System
I don't see the back of someone's head, I get to see their FACE and have a clear shot, and if I need to go back more than 30 days, which I do a lot of the time because of the neighbors I CAN!!

I bought 2k worth of Arlo crap that won't let me go back thirty days even with the attached USB drive and a damn subscription, are you kidding me!  Looks like Arlo (Netgear) spending more on advertising with Digitrends.com, PCMAG.com and Geardiary.com (what?) LOL
CNET is next??  Guess I have no choice but to wait for Arlo to get up to speed, no matter what you do USB drive, Subscription or all the emails you only get 30 days of video! give it away!!!  WE DON'T HAVE TO PAY FOR MORE SPACE, SPECIALLY WHEN IT'S ARE DEVICE SAVING IT!  GET WITH THE PROGRAM ARLO!  Or I WILL SPREAD THIS ALL OVER THE INTERNET, I AM NOT PAYING 14.99 for 60 DAYS, I CAN SEE FACES WITH OTHER SYSTEMS AND A YEAR OF FREE VIDEO!!!!!!

@jarlo123 

I just checked my library.  On August 1st, I still have videos from June 3rd available.  So I can see 60 days history.  My plan is Arlo Smart Elite.

eufy is interesting for sure.  Long battery life, but I believe the batteries are permanent, so you have to take the camera down to charge it unless you are close to power...and if the batteries fail, the camera is dead unless they offer service on them.  Still worth checking out.

jarlo123
Aspirant

nope can't see anything past 30 days, I have the Arlo Smart Premier, they just started the 60 days on Elite so people would have to pay more money, GOLD DIGGERS and won't fix their Arlo Pro 2 Cameras!

hughroddy
Tutor

Couldn’t agree more!!