Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Timelapse feature

HI, 

Please include a Timelapse feature in the Arlo APP. i just want

to view what happened throughout the day rather than viewing it at different times.

Would like to see it record a few minutes every 30mins or so. Currently you can set up schedules,

why not expand this feature into timelapse. This will be a great feature to have as none of the other

brands have this. And its well needed. Sometimes you dont have celluar signals or wifi. This fixes that

loop hole.

Cheers,

Senthil

Comments
MarkyMarky
Initiate

I agree.  I think a fast forward option would be great for playback.  Having to sit and wait for a playback to hit the video capture you want to see is tedious.  First world problem, but if they can offer faster playback  that would be nice.

MikeWiseman
Aspirant

This is a great idea!  I had suggested in a separate thread that having the ability to concatenate all video files for a day before download would be really useful - rather than individually downloading (potentially) hundreds of videos and then joining them into one.

So a timelapse would be really useful - providing it can also be downloaded.

cheers

Mike

Ring and Nest have this with a fantastic scrubbing feature. Arlo should have it to stay competitive.
ArloProOwner
Apprentice

7/22/2019 U.S.A.

I have all my cameras plugged in and set for 2 minute recordings.  It would be awesome when you are watching a recording to be able to see timelapse as you're sliding the fast forward slider button.  As of now it skips to that point where the slider stops, but you may have actually missed something.   Timelapse would show the video as fast as you move the slider so you can see if something came into view that you need to know about.

tommyb3
Novice

Arlo Support, a time lapse feature would definitely make the system more useful and interesting.  Motion does not always make sense, and recording everything in 24 hours doesn't make sense either.  Also, is there a PTZ camera in the works?  Thanks!!

Romain38
Tutor

It’s a good idea. 
I’d like this possibility too. 
c’est une très bonne idée. 
j’espère que Arlo va faire le développement nécessaire dans leur appli. 

etexastea
Novice

I would love a time lapse feature.  I think it would move into the GoPro space as well.

jakobkuehne
Aspirant

I would really love to have that Timelapse feature. I have an Arlo Go and it would be perfect, when I build  my new house next year.

M6cabriolet
Aspirant

Why has it been 5 years since this was first suggested and nothing has been done about it?

M6cabriolet
Aspirant

My advice to everyone here is to just go buy a WYZE camera for so much cheaper. It is less than $50 for 1080p HD and can do time lapse and many other features this $200 piece of crap arlo ultra 2 I have. I am beyond disappointed in Arlo. The damn range isn't even 50 ft either.