Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Timelapse feature

HI, 

Please include a Timelapse feature in the Arlo APP. i just want

to view what happened throughout the day rather than viewing it at different times.

Would like to see it record a few minutes every 30mins or so. Currently you can set up schedules,

why not expand this feature into timelapse. This will be a great feature to have as none of the other

brands have this. And its well needed. Sometimes you dont have celluar signals or wifi. This fixes that

loop hole.

Cheers,

Senthil

Comments
bogs
Novice

* For my application, this would be specific to taking a picture at a scheduled interval for each camera.

ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired
Status changed to: Uncommitted Candidate

ayaskant
Fledgling
Please Netgear and Arlo add the timelapse. This beautiful camera is more useful with that feature!
masteo
Novice

This is a very good idea, and I don't know why is not released by default.

Please Netgear, develop it

Das304
Tutor

I saw the following and think it would be a great future feature for ARLO.

The solution/feature I've seen by another provider allows you to click "play" once for a given day of captured motion....and you see all the motion recorded for the day at once.  Essentially it compiles all the motion-activated videos for the day and layers them on top of each other, with timestamps hovering next to each motion event. 

For example, if you had a delivery at 1 pm, and a cat walked by at 2 pm....using this feature you would click play once, and in what appears to be one video you would see the delivery man walking to your door with the 1pm timestamp hovering next to him.  In that same video you're watching, you would see the cat walking by but with the 2pm timestamp hovering next to it.  So you're viewing all motion at once in what appears to be one video.  No need to watch every individual video recorded that day.  Then, if you found something of interest, you could navigate to the ACTUAL individual video.

am4896
Novice

love this idea!

Geoling
Novice

What they said...up there, fast forward while reviewing videos.

crongo
Novice

+1

wuermlfa
Fledgling

I'm missing a automatic time lapse mode. For example I want to schedule to have a snapshot during a day time period 6.30 am - 6.30 pm all five minutes.

Why not offering something like that in the software?

Would be very nice to make time lapse videos for example from my building site, or a year through time lapse of the seasons...

Dear Arlo Team I'm begging you please to develop this feature!

thx

fabian

It would be helpful if we can play the recorded videos at a faster rate, say 2x, 4x, 8x, or even at 16x video speed. I hope you can consider this option. Thank you.