Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Time lapse on CVR recordings, CVR in 4K

Please enable 4K in CVR plans, also please make it possible to use time lapse of for e.g. 2x, 5x, 10x and 30x when viewing the video

Comments
arge
Follower

Please make it possible to make local CVR recording and also to be able to make it in the Best local recording (4K in ultra)

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator

We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

pjt85
Tutor

Agree this is a great feature that should be available. I would also like to access the CVR recordings for storage should something happen. (not sure if this is already possible and i couldn't find it, but all i could seem to access was the timeline)... Also high speed scrubbing during swiping through the timeline would be a great feature please Arlo! If i needed to provide the CVR footage to law enforcement for example, how would i do it if i can't download it from a library somewhere?

Below is just a little PSA for the general population before considering CVR based on my experience;

After using CVR for just 12 hours I cancelled the subscription as there was no way for it to be toggled off/on (contrary to the advice provided above by dragging from active to inactive [i didnt have that option - may have just been me though]. Arlo have confirmed i will be refunded the CVR cost, so kudos to them given i only had it running for 12 hours to test it out on one camera. 

I wanted to toggle it off as the CVR just crushed my bandwidth which uncovered a few immediate issues for me;

• Arlo Camera/Basestation couldn't get recordings during the time CVR was active to the cloud (i found the recordings on my SD Card - thanks Direct Access!!), and after cancelling the CVR plan they still don't show up in the cloud library.
    • 1 recording did, but was a thumbnail and the recording was 0 seconds, yet the local copy was for 10 seconds
  • Using other internet services like Netflix and Kayo became impossible while CVR was active. 

I know these issues are to do with my own internet speeds [current 10mbs/750kbps [ADSL2+]), and i get a much better connection in 28 days (moving to 100mbps/40mbps [FTTC]), so will retest CVR impact then.

Perhaps a warning on the subscription page Arlo of expected bandwidth consumption for the consumer to consider before taking on the plan? I knew it would need bandwidth, but had no idea it would be so hungry... A notice would be especially important for those who don't have 'unlimited data' on their internet plans, as they may not realise this contributes toward their data usage.

m_lacava
Follower

@ShayneS  You always say the community, but still nobody of Arlo told us if you are working to let us to download the CVR and if we will be able to record in 4K, eventually storing the footage locally. If the problem is to pay a plan, we will also pay if files 4K are recorded locally 
please give us a feedback to understand that someone is caring and that we aren’t loosing time here.

M