Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Thumbnails for remote/local storage

Thumnails for remote storage. Would be great

Comments
StephenB
Guru

@Johnny290 wrote:
Thumnails for remote storage. Would be great

I'd like this too.

Redpower187
Apprentice

Yes, Thumbnails definitely need to be implemented.

Redpower187
Apprentice
Can we please get thumbnails for local SD card recordings via both iOS and Android apps.

Join the club:

Thumnails - Arlo Community

Easy to miss given the spelling.

deboer
Aspirant

Local storage is seriously crippled without thumbnails *and* a video count in the main view instead of the list icon.

I have Arlo Pro 2s and just added a couple Pro 3s, I'm seriously considering returning the 3s because even with the other improvements it means that (if I don't want a monthly fee) I need to switch to local storage, and this ruins the usability for the Pro 2s as well.

This is not the place to discuss possibly misguided complaints about how cameras work, especially when they based on not understanding of how things work.

Clubby
Onlooker

Absolutely a must to make searching for a specific clip easy

zeadlots
Guide

What's the status on this feature??  Blank icons does you no good.

Chrisk2
Apprentice

Amazing this is not available.  When will local storage get a thumbnail?

PewPewOnU
Novice

Michael I disagree with you completely.  This is the breaking of a business model and perhaps intentional degredation of alternative service options.  This needs to be talked about and is creating a broken experience.

Just because you don't agree doesn't make it any less valid.  Also "not understanding how things work" didn't seam like a valid complaint when the author and subsequent posters have articulated their idea well demonstrating a clear understanding.  

Do you just like to provoke?  Let's pull out some community guidelines and see how your contribution fairs.