Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Thumbnails for remote/local storage

Thumnails for remote storage. Would be great

Comments
Clubby
Onlooker

is there any news on this subject? I feel it’s been bounced around for a while with lots of interest but I haven’t seen anything from the Arlo authorities. 

Clubby
Onlooker

Besides the obvious, people don’t trust the cloud to store their videos hence the placement of local storage to record to and some may want to simply keep their footage for longer than the cloud option. 

What about those that just can’t justify the cost of cloud storage?

can you offer a special yearly rate to get some customers back to cloud storage while you work on the issues of thumbnails and remote access. 

btw does anyone have issues with remote access when using local storage?

chudak
Guide

I want to add my voice to this feature request.

For me this is a must have feature and I will return Arlo and consider a competitors' products if this is not implemented.

Thx!

madrobots
Fledgling
Hi,

It would be great to be able to have a thumbnails when browsing the local storage and before downloading a video from the Arlo App.

Currently, it’s only available when video are store in the cloud.
AceNJ
Tutor

Still no update on this? It's sad because I really can't ever recommend the product without this feature. It's a deal breaker for me. I'd like to come back to Arlo but just refuse to without this feature.

chudak
Guide

Its unbelievable how Arlo ignores its customers' requests !!!

redsaturn
Fledgling

Would love to hear if there is any plan to implement this. I am about to return the 4 set of Pro 3 cams to get Eufy because I can see the thumbnails of the local storage footage. 

Clubby
Onlooker

I too am thinking of selling my Arlo Pro 3’s and I’ll go elsewhere to get better service

chudak
Guide

My trial will end soon and I will return too !

tbogatie
Fledgling

How about having the option to store a snapshot / Photo from a life feed, directly onto the local USB Storage Card WITHOUT being locked into a cloud service subscription? Currently, you can set your Pro 3 and Ultra cameras to record video locally onto a USB drive, and then access your video library on your local Smart Hub storage to view the recordings. This can be done WITHOUT a subscription plan. But NOT for camera snapshots.

Yes, I know that you can screenshot the image, but the photo functionality as part of the app itself and without the need for a subscription would be greatly appreciated.

PS. It should be noted that this request stems from my sudden suprise when a year after I migrated my older Arlo Pro system to a new Ultra 4K system, if I wanted to retain the full functionality of my time very expensive 4K Arlo system, I would have to subscribe annually for the rest of my life!!!

I did manage to find out that as long as I have setup a VPN (or port forwarding), that I would still retain the basic video recording functionaility. Why can't this be made available for snapshots too?