Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

The grant access user cannot use the direct access to the local storage.

I hope Arlo team can take this suggestion into consideration. 

Comments
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

Manolo86
Apprentice

Agreed!

Jamonsk8
Initiate

We really need this feature.  Limiting access to direct storage to the primary user is crippling your product for families that share access and do not have a subscription.  There is no way for users to view recordings when alerted which is the entire reason your product is purchased.  My family has no way to know what was recorded without calling me as the primary user to review the video.  This isn't acceptable, please fix it.

Tvines13
Tutor

I purchased the 4 camera Arlo Ultra today. I was surprised to find the included premier plan is actually a trial and not the premier plan you will find on Arlo’s website. 1080p is the highest resolution you will get with the trial unless you live stream while you’re at home (4K) or record with local storage on a microSD card. For a 256gb card (which is the largest capacity the base station will format) plan on spending $50-$100. But considering local recordings are not shareable or viewable by family/friends that have been granted full access makes these 4K cameras not worth the price without a subscription. What’s the point of a 4K home security system when the family members in that home can’t view 4K footage. The trial will at least allow for recordings to be uploaded to the cloud in 1080p for family to view but again, why spend the extra money on 4K cameras. I can live without a subscription and all the smart notifications but at least make locally stored recordings available to more than just the admin user. It’s a home security system. System usually means complete, all encompassing. And homes usually have more than just one person living in them, especially the homes that have security systems.

I hope Arlo updates whatever is required to make locally stored recordings available to granted access users. If not, this system is tremendously overpriced and does not meet expectations. If locally stored recordings cannot be shared the elite plan is required to view 4K and at that point don’t bother with local storage and save your money on buying the microSD card.

Plan on buying a $15 a month subscription or hear the wife tell you to sell the cameras after the trial ends because she can’t view recorded events if this isn’t fixed. I spent the extra money on a 4K setup, just let me use it with it’s designed specs please. To pay $180 a year just to properly use your cameras that you just paid a grand for doesn’t add up to me. If this doesn’t get fixed most people will be far better off with a Pro 2 setup.

Evgeniy
Fledgling
Dear colleagues,
I have ARLO videodoorbell and bought Smarthub with Pro3 cameras specially for the local video recording on connected HDD.
After installation of the system I have access to the local library and it is very helpful for me to use it from my phone distantly.
Meantime I grant access to my wife to control the cameras and videodoorbell.
The problem is that my wife can not see any recorded video on grant access devise. As I understood it is inside software from manufacturer ARLO.
Such limitation I absolutely not reasonable And not acceptable because as example :
I can not alway check the video due to be busy during the working day. So in such case my wife is checking real-time situation and recorded videos. Absence of such option is making useless of all the ARLO system itself because other manufacturers are proposing more flexible solutions. I don’t want to use ARLO smart plan and especially it does not work in my country.
PLEASE FIX THIS BUG and make available to see the local video with grant access.

This feature already exists. If it does not work for you, then post a call for help in the appropriate section for your devices.

Also, if it really is a bug in your system, then this is not the place to get help.

Evgeniy
Fledgling

Such feature does not exist. 
ARLO support already informed me about it in official request, Case Number: 41856203.

Again: in granted access no any opportunity for user to look recorded video.

Software need to be updated.

t_welcome
Star
Has the issue with non primary account holders (users granted full access) not being able to view local storage recording material been addressed yet? I was about to invest further into my Arlo system learning that you could have the floodlight and doorbell record locally and view on the app however if my wife can only view cloud recordings, it seems like investing further at this time would be a mistake.
I’ve also read that you can only view local recordings while on your home network. Is this true? The whole point of the security system is know what’s going on when I’m not home....
Jmachoffle
Novice
Couldn’t have said it better. Major issue, wouldn’t have bought the cameras if I had known this was the case and it did drive my wife crazy.
Have made her the primary account holder now, which at least fixed that issue.
beachseal
Fledgling

Did all the homework, found out you can grant access to spouse, can record to USB so you dont need a subscription, made the purchase - SCAM!  Unless you pay for the subscription, your spouse can't see the recordings on the USB, this system is a waste of money.  Nowhere does it say this until you actually run up on the problem and have to search the Arlo community to find this out.  I'm extremely disappointed with my purchase now, unless I want to fork up money every month this system is completely useless.  DONT BUY ARLO, find something else.  

I guess if you live alone its fine, if you want to buy my Pro3 w/ 4 cameras let me know, I need something that will actually work for me.