Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Temporarily Change Mode

Need option in Modes that can make a mode temporary for xx time.

Example:
I have a Q in my garage. The camera is in Arm all the time but when I am working in the garage I set the mode to a custom created mode called “Working in the Garage”. It’s settings are the same as Arm except without notifications.
When I am done in the garage, I have to set the mode back to Arm.
We need a feature in custom Modes with an optionally configurable setting called “Temporary” and the setting is a timer value in minutes or hours or days where the mode could then revert back to the default Mode or otherwise configured mode.

This way when we need to change the mode but only for a short time, the original mode could be restored automatically without forgetting to manually set it back.
Comments
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi ebuhrendorf,

Thanks for posting your idea/suggestion. I have moved your post to the Arlo Idea Exchange board. The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation.