Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Syncing with GoGoGate

I have a device called GoGoGate it allows me to open & close my garage door through any of my devices. There is an option to sync a camera with the GoGoGate so whenever you open the GoGoGate app the camera will start up and the live video will be on in the background. To sync a camera it asks you to select your IP-CAM, there are netgear cameras there to choose from but not netgear arlo. I have been led to believe that this is not possible to do with arlo.

One of the deciding factors that swayed me to buy the arlo model was the option to sync with third party products like this. I believe that I was led to believe that this was going to be possible. I remember reading that arlo was going to have a similar option with the LIFX smart bulbs ie the bulbs could be synced to turn on when ever the cameras detect motion but if you actually speak to arlo tech support they say that this is only a possible future plan. 

I believe that I have been misled & on the LIFX option they recently did an update that did not include the arlo option. 

Netgear when are these selling points actually going to come online ?

Comments
JamesC
Community Manager

TShaw,

I do not have any information currently on the future implementation of features like you suggest. I encourage you to visit the Arlo Idea Exchange and post your ideas or kudo the existing ideas there that you would like to support.

Thank you!

JamesC

TShaw
Initiate
Is this new Arlo Q able to work with third party products.
JamesC
Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived - Not Enough Votes

AAFB
Novice

Can Arlo and Gogogate be connected? Gogogate connects to all IP cameras.....why not with Arlo cameras?

Not really rocket science? 🙂

The idea is to use the camera image on Gogogate app so we can see gate opening and closing remotelly.

https://www.gogogate.com/