Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Solar panel power for cameras

It would be great to be able to attach solar panels to the cameras for more perment installs to charge the batterys.
Comments
DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired
Status changed to: Coming Soon

Coming soon....Spring 2017 is the targeted release time frame.

REJ13
Novice

Want solar power!!!!!

krazymike1
Onlooker

Well Hi all. I;m new to this community thing so bear with me. yes solar would and is a awesome idea. I have mortified my camera's so that they are with solar. It works awesome too, each unit has a 2 inch by 3 inch solar panel I've built. i have rechargeable batterers placed in units that have the protection not to over charge. Plus with the battery's showing for each camera on the app i can also watch them. The solar panel are for one, movable (each has about 3 feet of wire) so everything is  away from camera's. I'll take some pictures of it to show you all.

Also I am a retired Tech. and also have a engineering degree, and play with inventing things. Do any of you remember ( HEATH KITS) ? They where electrical projects for the 1950's to about 1970's where you built thing like TV,radio's, and just everything. loved them and learned a lot from them.

William10a
Master

Yes I remember them I have put together tube testers,audio generators, rf generators and when you watched tv you get a free xray from the high voltage regulator tub sure they had metal shielding the side but none on top of the tube in low levels.

krazymike1
Onlooker

Oh yes the good old dayz when building a tv you got a free sun tan, plus it made you not able to father kids for some yrs. lol those were the dayz for sure 🙂

Spoiler
Spoiler
Smiley Happy
William10a
Master

I remember one itea that ruin your if was on a fire the solid state focus diode replace to a tube will could release a very bad gases

krazymike1
Onlooker
Well here is my built solar power it's moveable so it can. be placed away from cameras, and in sun light. I also built one that mounts to the camera . Hope you like. Oops how do I add a photo here???

After so many waiting and asking for the solar panel for the arlo pro - I noticed yesterday they were advertised at Best Buy as available and I ordered 2 and they shipped today

ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired
Status changed to: Coming Soon

ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired
Status changed to: Implemented