Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Solar panel power for cameras

It would be great to be able to attach solar panels to the cameras for more perment installs to charge the batterys.
Comments
tpd866
Fledgling

This would make using the ARLO cameras outside where there is constant traffic a plus. Solar panels would solve replacing batteres ever couple of weeks.

JamesC
Community Manager
Status changed to: Future Consideration

luxx989
Fledgling

This would actually be pretty awesome, good idea!

Faskev
Fledgling

Solar would be awesome. The Ring stick up cam has already implemented solar, we need this!!!

Jshoe
Apprentice

It would be great to have a solar panel and rechargeable batteries available for the cameras. It's a pain climbing up and changing batteries all the time. This would make the system more useful... Ring already has a $40 solar panel for their outdoor cameras.

bmattox79
Apprentice
The panels wouldn't have to be very big either as the drain on the batteries really isn't huge, would beat good addition
Rickyems
Aspirant

This would be a great option.  I am tinkering with adding an external power supplt to a camera for a high traffice area.  It is still in rought format but it works.

Markaxtell
Fledgling
Agree! The ring doorbell cameras do this already!
bmattox79
Apprentice
@Rickyemsdo u have any specs or pics of this setup up? Either share them here or pm me please would love to see and try it out on mine
Rickyems
Aspirant
I need to take pictures of the next one i put together. It uses a dc converter at 6 volts. I drilled throught the middle of the battery cover and put the wire through there. I spliced the wire inside and plugged in the converter.