Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Simple log of events

Hello,

I would be interested in a basic data log of events when the cameras make a recording that could be reported out at some selectable timeframe (i.e. a week, month, quarter, year, etc.). The log would be some general format like a .CSV file type (that you could export/save to personal storage/cloud location) with just Date, Time, Device that triggered, what caused the trigger (motion/audio), duration of recording, status/mode of device/base station. Where i don't have to have a video refernce I can at least a log entry for a date to see if any events might have occured. 

A use example could be somebody said they dropped something off or visited your locaiton on some past date. You may or may not have had a recording, if there was a recording you may not have saved it. At least you could have a log that a recording was triggered to potentially correlate something actually occured.

Thanks for your consideration

Comments
dfp42
Star

Note: The Arlo community managers don't seem to be able to grasp the difference between activity logging and access logging, so they roll them together, which is kinda lazy.

That's why I'm starting a new subject. This is NOT about tracking logins, okay?

Pretty much every other camera system or environment sensor I've researched has some form of event log where the user can see:

- motion events (cameras, detections, zones, etc.)

- battery events (low battery, changed battery)

- environment events (high camera temp, low camera temp, etc.)

- connectivity events (loss of connection, restored connection)

These events are useful for tracking down anomolous camera behaviors and debugging the system. They are sometimes separated into category folders, sometims coregistered in a single timeline. Both forms are useful.