Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Security mount with lock

Please refer to Case # 26502369 in any calls and or correspondence with NETGEAR support.

Discussion Thread
First let me say that I really love this product. We purchased these to help protect my mother in law and to keep an eye on her while she is working on keeping her abusive ex boyfriend away. He has a restraining order, but he sent his sister in laws over and arlo caught them and let us know. We were able to call them and tell them that if they didnt leave we would call the police. It was a huge help, because they now know they cant take advantage of my mother in law anymore.

My only worry / suggestion is I wish there was a way to secure the camera outside. Maybe having a laptop style hole that I could put a lock on, or selling a mount that I could screw in to the camera that could be mounted with secure screws that cant be backed out.

I only say this because I had one of the cameras pointing out a window and the motion sensor did not go off. I had the sensitivity set to 100% and nothing happened. I placed the camera in the screen room (pointing towards the door and it seem the motion sensor did not pick up on the person on the other side of the screen...

Finally, I place it outside above the door. I know Ill catch who ever comes near the camera because it will turn on now, but if they take it, Ill be down a camera and all Ill have is video prove that they took it...

It would be nice to have a secure mount that locks. Just something that adds to the security of the mount. Right now I have it on the magnetic mount.

Comments
mrdo
Aspirant
can i third this request? i recently purchased my arlo wrongly assuming that there was some sort of security built in to the system to prevent theft. i then purchased the outdoor security mount but fail to see what the security mentioned is when anyone could simply unscrew the camera? i'm unwilling to place my camera outside knowing that a thief simply has to unscrew the camera - it's a joke! can anyone suggest any third-party camera mounts that have security? thanks in advance.
nicoX
Follower

This is a strange one, security cameras that are built to be able to be stolen. Why no features as well, if someone touches the camera so the alarm goes off, or if it loses the resistance to the magnets, or if it has a built in altimeter that can sense if the camera is not any longer in it's position.

Users requsting features likes this for over 3 years without getting anything, I'm still waiting for this before going for a purchase, ridiculuse...

MRFoster64
Onlooker

The inability to secure the cameras is the primary reason I cannot recommend this system for my work. I purchased the aftermarket Wasserstein chain mounts for two of my personal cameras. All they will do is slow someone down for maybe a minute. One good yank, and the platic mount will break. I’m on a busy street, so the chain might be enough of a deterrent. But, where I want to put them at work is isolated and someone could take their without concerns of being seen. A secure enclosure like they make for game cameras would be ideal. 

Kirara
Novice

I currently have an Arlo Go and there is no lock down feature. All my other cameras used in the fields have a cable lock. With this being my most expensive camera, I worry about someone stealing it. 

gqchu
Novice

Why can't Arlo simply cut a small slot like PC manufacturers do, so that we can physically secure our cameras with a Kensington type cable lock? I would want to protect my cameras from physically getting stolen

Cable Lock.jpg